Froyo (Android 2.2) Running on FT2 Series Tablets! CONFIRMED!

santiphapc

Apr 23, 2011
Wifi & GPS was better.
HD video play back ok.
SD card ,USB flash drive and HDMI port are work.
but USB hard drive did not work.
My FY2 have freeze and then reboot when I connecting my 500G hard drive.
Anyone have this problem?

Thanks.

molecular

Nov 20, 2010
I don't know if anyone has seen it, but there is an update to the Froyo over on xda site from 'stragulus' which claims to have the Calibration working! I need this desperately as the RHS of the screen is "dead"!!! Have downloaded it but must wait till the XP computer is free to try it on the Pad - doesn't work on my Win7 64bit.

SupahDroid

Mar 21, 2011
I don't know if anyone has seen it, but there is an update to the Froyo over on xda site from 'stragulus' which claims to have the Calibration working! I need this desperately as the RHS of the screen is "dead"!!! Have downloaded it but must wait till the XP computer is free to try it on the Pad - doesn't work on my Win7 64bit.
make a bootable sd i can provide help with that if needed pm me bootable sd method works in win 7 x64.
Regards,
SuPaH DrOiD

molecular

Nov 20, 2010
Many thanks but the wife got off her PC so I was able to do it!!! The Pad is back to it's usual sensitive self! I would recommend the update to all but with one proviso - you MUST have the Infotmc version in the Bottom Right Hand Corner of the screen when you Boot or you will BRICK the Pad.

brunildo

Apr 8, 2011
Hi,

It seems to have done the installation, but after rebooting it gets stuck at the screen calibration. The crosshair doesn't react to me touching it. help... :) thanks!

I have downloaded v5 file...

Last edited:

irishinvenice

Jan 7, 2011
Hi,

It seems to have done the installation, but after rebooting it gets stuck at the screen calibration. The crosshair doesn't react to me touching it. help... :) thanks!

I have downloaded v5 file...

Me too!!!

Although sometimes they respond but only 3 or 4 of them (when I get to the final check - the centre) it freezes

Mar 20, 2011
i would like to point out that i had forwarned you about this update and i for one have NOT updated to teh latest version due to concernes and teh update link was only placed on teh OP due to a request.

teh calibration issue is ongoing and im looking into a fix for it myself at this time.

HOWEVER the final calibration issue can be resolved by going into:

Settings> Running apps> TURN OFF ALL APPS

press on the HOME button and THEN try re-calibration, it appears to be a RAM issue and a freeze up rather than anything else due to the fact it is attempting to overwrite the prior calibration and delete the system cache at the same time, something it cannot do if apps are requesting cached items or RAM run time.

if this does NOT work simply reboot and try again if THIS fails simply leave the settings as they are

esmsabir

Apr 15, 2011
I thought I qualify for this FW since my superpad displays the Infotmc version in the Bottom Right Hand Corner when it powers up and.
Model number: SAWEE Pad
Firmware version: 2.1-update 1 V2.3:#3529
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9
Build number: ERE27

I flashed the FW but now the pad will not boot, stuck on the green boot screen.
I tried flashing through the SD card (winhex in windows and dd in linux) also tried flashing using burntool and the USB cable...same results
Noticed during flashing, the progress bar of each stage only reaches half way then the next stage starts...Is that normal? dunno!

Any help is appreciated.

satje

Apr 30, 2011
First thanks for this 2.2 release V5 . It looks very good.
I have only some stability issues.
(it hangs sometimes in the browser and several games (angry birds)

Is there a a fix for this.

irishinvenice

Jan 7, 2011
Me too!!!

Although sometimes they respond but only 3 or 4 of them (when I get to the final check - the centre) it freezes

I have reflashed mine about 5 times and I still can't get past the calibration screen. I have rebooted many times and it still won't go after this screen (I can't get into the OS at all). Is there anything I can do? Or does anyone have another ISO I can use?

irishinvenice

Jan 7, 2011

I have used V5 from Stragulus but it doesn't work (stuck on calibration screen). I may give V4 a try, but it has known issues.

molecular

Nov 20, 2010
I have used V5 from Stragulus but it doesn't work (stuck on calibration screen). I may give V4 a try, but it has known issues.

V4, for my Pad, worked well in every aspect I use, EXCEPT for the poor Auto (pre-set) calibration. I couldn't use the R.H.S. of the screen!!!
When I updated to v5 this cured it for MY Pad. I can only suggest you try v4 - you can always go back to 3425 or whatever if it doesn't suit.

Mar 20, 2011

i discovered a little bug in the upgrade process that i simply dont know how to fix BUT i did discover a work around

download and upgrade to V4 THEN upgrade from v4 to v5

for some reason updating this way seems to fix a lot of little issues.

on that note simply doing a soft reboot (hold off for 10 seconds) on calibration screen after removing your boot SD card and let it reload can fix that little crash/freeze error you are having

irishinvenice

Jan 7, 2011
i discovered a little bug in the upgrade process that i simply dont know how to fix BUT i did discover a work around

download and upgrade to V4 THEN upgrade from v4 to v5

for some reason updating this way seems to fix a lot of little issues.

on that note simply doing a soft reboot (hold off for 10 seconds) on calibration screen after removing your boot SD card and let it reload can fix that little crash/freeze error you are having

Thanks a million for the info.

I have installed the V4 on the tablet, so when you say upgrade, do you mean to reflash V5 over V4?

Thanks in advance

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I know this is a nooby question but what is the point of using this firmware over 3245? Other than the upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2, is there any noticible change? I just don't want to brick for nothing...

Sent from my SuperPAD using Android Tablet Forum