Froyo questions

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I am not at home but can try it later. 3 10 to Yuma...great movie BTW. I have no problems with flash video as of right now on phiremod beta 2, but it was buggy to start out. I had to uninstall and reinstall flash a couple times from the market. Also I have to kill/quit many of my running apps, to free up memory for flash video to play smoothly. I usually watch full eps of Conan at Teamcoco.com and they run smooth.

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
Conan over at Teamcoco.com seams to play well for me as well. Just went back to 3 10 Yuma and it is stuttering some in window and full screen mode. Looking forward to your findings.

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
I restored back to 2.1 now, but my problems with video and audio in froyo phiremod beta 2 went beyond flash. I couldn't even play a movie file from my SD card--the picture did not show up, and the only way to turn it off was to reboot the NC. Audio podcasts did the same thing.

I was also running into a lot of force stops in other programs.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Just went to crackle. Keep in mind videos there aren't optimized for mobile. But it worked fine for me with phiremod beta2, but it was a little choppy at times. People are getting mixed results it seems though, but works for me as long as I don't have alot of other things running. For example I have to quit winamp even if the song is on pause.

sent from my rooted nook color

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
^same here

Some days my flash works great, some days not so good. Also it seems in 2.2 my rockplayer apps works a little better than yxplayer, which is opposite of b&n software 2.1 eclair.

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
Thanks Stelv and rico2001. For some reason my thanks button is not showing.

For me it seems like VitalPlayer_Neon works best for my videos. My videos are mp4, 848x480, fps:29.96, Video Codec: h264, Audio Codec: aac, AudioBitrate: 48000, AudioChannelCount: 2, Video Codec: Software. Its Video Information gave me this. I usually kill off other tasks first.

I use Videoredo TV suite to strip commercials on my OTA channels and Hauppauge PVR to record movies from my Comcast box. It has a default to set for the above.

In 2.1 they play back fine and today it seems that they are working well in 2.2.

Edit: I just checked VitalPlayer_Neon settings and I have the Decode Mode set to Hardware Codec and the Video Mode set to Speed. There info must be giving me the wrong Video Codec info. It also seems to work best when I use ES File Explorer to launch it and choose Vital Player as my option.

Last edited:

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
VitalPlayer_Neon working somewhat better got me thinking. Does anyone know if a version of Flash 10.1 for Android takes advantage of the GPU. If there was a way to set flash to use hardware to decode and set video mode to speed then maybe flash video at crackle would play without being choppy.

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
VitalPlayer_Neon working somewhat better got me thinking. Does anyone know if a version of Flash 10.1 for Android takes advantage of the GPU. If there was a way to set flash to use hardware to decode and set video mode to speed then maybe flash video at crackle would play without being choppy.

Not sure about hardware accelerated flash but my NC running 2.2 with the newest adobe flash 10.1.106.16 is flawless.

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
I restored back to 2.1 now, but my problems with video and audio in froyo phiremod beta 2 went beyond flash. I couldn't even play a movie file from my SD card--the picture did not show up, and the only way to turn it off was to reboot the NC. Audio podcasts did the same thing.

I was also running into a lot of force stops in other programs.

I am having the same problem with the youtube application in Froyo/phiremod beta2. Any fixes for the youtube app? It did not do it in my Customized Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 Image for SDcard Updated (2/25) of Froyo?

Last edited: