Frozen web browser Toshiba Thrive

droidbri

Aug 28, 2011
Got a new Toshiba Thrive a week ago.
Everthing has been great. Down loaded a bunch of new apps.from the amazon site.
I now find the browser window is locked or frozen. I can search but the screen display does not change. I can you a different browser but its not the same.
Do I have a virus?
Can I save my apps and the reset the Thrive to factory settings?
Not sure whitch way to go.
Thanks

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello droidbri, welcome to the forum. I'm moving your question to the Toshiba Tablets section of the forum. Someone there should be able to help you.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Got a new Toshiba Thrive a week ago.
Everthing has been great. Down loaded a bunch of new apps.from the amazon site.
I now find the browser window is locked or frozen. I can search but the screen display does not change. I can you a different browser but its not the same.
Do I have a virus?
Can I save my apps and the reset the Thrive to factory settings?
Not sure whitch way to go.
Thanks

Don't know if you ever got this answered but if not have you tried going in to Settings> Applications>Manage Applications>
On the right side at the top you will see some tabs, Downloaded/All/Running.
Select All
Scroll down to Browser and select ForceStop then Clear data.
Restart your tablet but leave it off for about 60 seconds before restart.
then try your browser again.
If that does not work. You may have to pull the battery from the tablet while the tablet is on.
There are a few bugs with the Thrive that we hope will be fixed in a ICS update if we ever see one. And it seems most of the bugs can be corrected for now by taking the back off the tablet, (be sure the tablet is on) and there are two slides on the battery that need to be moved, one will slide and stay the other you have to slide and hold over, while holding the second slide remove the battery.
Leave the battery out for 60 seconds, reinstall, move all latches back in place, put the back back on. Restart tablet and try the browser. Just remember you have to do this with the tablet on.
I have seen videos of this fix. It repaired my sisters Thrive when hers buggered on her, but I take no responsibility should this cause problems if you try it. I am just passing on what I have seen as a way to correct this problem.
If you chose not to try the battery pull that worked for my sister and caused no problems, trying the Settings rout should be fine, ie should not harm the tablet in any way, but I don't know if it will fix your problem.
I have been fortunate and not had any problems with mine, well none that I remember anyway.
Which ever or both should you try, please post back and let us know if one works.