Frustrated

eweisner

Mar 9, 2011
Santa brought me one too...

My 20 year old daughter has given me less gray hair.

Memory 256MB
Model Number Generic
Firmware 1.6
Kernel 2.6.29-00236-g4fdbbb-dirty
Build WMT2.1.2_105
Green LED when on
Red LED when Charging
Vibrates at startup or shutdown
Has a sticker near power button with ZXD Zhaoxiang pass on it

It started giving me wi-fi issues and then wouldn't stay connected. I started looking at ROM flashes found one or two that worked but had to find a ROM that was close to Factory settings. I can't verify that it's the original ROM but it works. I still have the wi-fi issues. I can input my wi-fi SSID but get a popup window "unable to save network" also get "unable to detect net"unable to scan for networks"

There are two things that I need this tablet to do.
1. Get wifi
2. Be able to read pdf's off of a secure website that is password protected (adobe has reader x but requires 2.1 minimum).

Any ideas?

Last edited:

salen12

Mar 14, 2011
My daughter is having the same wifi issues. My only suggestion to you as far as the Adobe problem, is when you go on to Android marketplace, search for the Adobe download & press it. On it it gives links to developers websites & emails so you can inquire about any fixes or ask for a compatible link they might have. I feel your frustration. I gifted the tablet to my daughter for x-mas. She loves facebook, loves club penguin. So I wanted her to be able to go on these with-out having to wait for the family computer, or so she could actually hang in her room while using it. Unless it's with-in maybe 10 ft of my wifi modem, its almost useless. Any further, if I manage to get even 1 bar, it drops the connection, searching..... forever searching. Hers freezes quite a bit too. I have the 10.2 inch Android, 2.1 I think. I wonder if we could use a wifi zip drive, to help with the one issue. Mine has a port for a zip. Im not familiar with your model, if it has a drive. Good luck!