(frustrating) Stuck on "touch of.." after being off all night...

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
here's background info:
autonooter - rooted 1.0.1 with clockworkmod recovery..
stock kernal (changed back from 1000ghz omap kernal)

Ok - 2 nights in a row i've fully powered down the NC and when i woke up in the morning I got stuck on "touch of..." screen. The only way to boot the NC is to go into clockworkmod and reboot from there.
My question is obvious: does anyone know why this is happening!? why wont it just boot back up?

If i just power down and reboot within minutes this does not happen, only when it stays off for 7 or so hours.. ive tried turning off wifi before powering down just to see what happens and no difference.

Do i have to factory restore and reroot? i feel like thats my only option. no other problems than this annoying one.

really appreciate any insight.. thanks.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Well, since I hardly ever power down my NC for any reason other than to boot it back up, I have no idea. I have not tried to replicate this situation. Maybe it's something that would happen more often but I don't think too many people power off for long periods of time.

I'll search around for insight but don't know about this one yet.

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
thanks b.c i cant find much of anything with this problem.. its so weird.. i've been looking all morning.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
What stock kernel did you use?
Did you clear caches when flashing?
Did you clear battery stats in cwr?
Did you perform a full backup with cwr?
Did you try to remove cwr, and see if you still have the issue with stock recovery? Cwr can be removed and reinstalled at anytime.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Android Tablets Forum App

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I would stick with 1.0.1. I think there is a bug with cwr in 1.1. Do not turn the nook off. Just let it go to sleep and see if you have the problem.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
I would stick with 1.0.1. I think there is a bug with cwr in 1.1. Do not turn the nook off. Just let it go to sleep and see if you have the problem.

im attempting that right now.. just a weird problem i think. trying to wrap my head around it.

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
i may do a factory restore and reinstall/reroot to squash any bugs i might have acquired during the initial rooting process. frustrating.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
1) I used the stock kernal found here... http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...m-manager-nandroid-backup-custom-kernels.html
2)yea i clear cache and dalvick cache
3)i didnt clear battery stats
4)full backup has been done twice with no problems
5)did not try removing cwr.. will try that.

i was thinking of flashing 1.1 over it and seeing if that changes anything.. good idea or no?

I'd try the cwr removal and re-install.
You could also try the 1.1 ROM.

There is no major bugs with CWR and Nookcolor 1.1 ROM, it's with CWR and b&n 1.1 using root method autonooter 3.0.

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
I'd try the cwr removal and re-install.
You could also try the 1.1 ROM.

There is no major bugs with CWR and Nookcolor 1.1 ROM, it's with CWR and b&n 1.1 using root method autonooter 3.0.

thank you for this information.. i will do the CWR removal/reinstall first. Then if no go ill do the 1.1 ROM.. if it still gives me problems.. its back to factory and a do-over for me. really appreciate the help.

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
ok so finally got back to my nook (lunch break at work)..
left it on to sleep (not powered down) since 8 am.. at 1pm the NC launched right up .. no problems.. so its something to do with the powering off for sure.

i removed clockwork recovery (thanks to the top portion of rico's thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-1-update-if-using-clockworkmod-recovery.html)
uninstalled rom manager (just for the hell of it)
reinstalled RM and reflashed CWR.

then i installed 1.1 ROM via CWR and now i will leave it off. cross your fingers.
...btw i feel like 1.1 is snappier.

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
I don't agree with you here. I turn off Nook more than 10 hours everyday [my college hours] and I see no problems.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I don't agree with you here. I turn off Nook more than 10 hours everyday [my college hours] and I see no problems.

Apparently the bug is with using auto nooter 3 for 1.1. According to Rico using the 1.1 rom instead is fine.