FT3 with upgrade internal SD

jakxxx

Apr 21, 2011
Has anyone else changed there stock 4GB internal card to an 8 or 16? I have but whenever I try to use one of the custom firmware I can't download anything from the Android Market. I have to use the stock firmware and it just doesn't have the responsiveness of the tim and TCH releases. If you have done the upgrade can you tell me how you managed to get your market working. I have done a ton of reading and searching, maybe I am not using the correct search terms, I don't know. Thanks for the help

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I don't think that the Internal card is causing your problems with the market. It is a very common problem to not be able to access the market on the FT.

jakxxx

Apr 21, 2011
I can access the market no problem. It is when I go to install something. I get the error "Sorry, Not enough space". I have 10.51 gig free on my internal card and 10.1 free on my external sd.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
How many apps do you have installed? I am thinking that the tablet doesn't register that you upgraded the card although it can read the card's empty space statistics. Anyone else want to chime in?

jakxxx

Apr 21, 2011
When I install any of the tim or tch firmware, there is absolutely nothing on the tablet but the apps that come with the firmware. So it's not because the there isn't enough space. Like I said if I put the factory firmware there is no issues installing anything from the market. Is there a way to partition the card before I install the firmware? Does anyone know if these firmware were compiled specifically for the standard 4 gig internal cards? Thanks for the help

comoeuamais

May 4, 2011
When I install any of the tim or tch firmware, there is absolutely nothing on the tablet but the apps that come with the firmware. So it's not because the there isn't enough space. Like I said if I put the factory firmware there is no issues installing anything from the market. Is there a way to partition the card before I install the firmware? Does anyone know if these firmware were compiled specifically for the standard 4 gig internal cards? Thanks for the help

I Think already read somthing regading having more them 2.1G free space is the problem...

jakxxx

Apr 21, 2011
I have read through the post you suggested at least twice. I can find no solution to changing the memory allocations on the internal card to accommodate Android Market apps. I am now thinking of removing the 16gb internal and putting the 4 back in. I really don't see any advantage of having the larger internal space. When the firmware creates the partitions it uses the same size for the app storage space no matter how large the card is. Am I correct in assuming this?

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Correct. That's what I was saying when I said that it didn't recognize it. It's going to use what it wants to and what it is programmed to no matter what. Except by cooking the Rom.

ShaneOss

May 5, 2011
I have read through the post you suggested at least twice. I can find no solution to changing the memory allocations on the internal card to accommodate Android Market apps. I am now thinking of removing the 16gb internal and putting the 4 back in. I really don't see any advantage of having the larger internal space. When the firmware creates the partitions it uses the same size for the app storage space no matter how large the card is. Am I correct in assuming this?

That was my first investigations, if you scoll down and read post 79, it has the answer to your issue.

If you install TCH's custom ROM (19thApril), the Market works fine. I think TCH has patched it to fix the 2gb limitation with the Market. TCH has also upgraded his model to 16gb, me to with no problems. If your using TIM's custom ROMs 3a etc, you won't be able to install apps from Market and will get not enough space error. See post 79 here: SuperPad III's - Page 2 - Android Forums

jakxxx

Apr 21, 2011
Sorry I did read that but never thought to try the TCH version. I will give it a go now. Do you know if anyone got the 32 gig working internally?

Thanks

ShaneOss

May 5, 2011
Sorry I did read that but never thought to try the TCH version. I will give it a go now. Do you know if anyone got the 32 gig working internally?

Thanks

I haven't heard of anyone yet. My 32gb card is a bit dodgy i think and fails when trying to load a ROM on it. I'll have to purchase another one that's not a dodgy fake from eBay and let you know. Also Tim has released a patched version of Tim3a for 16gb models. So you have to choice of using TCH's ROMs or Tim3a_Patched for 16gb.

TCH's latest ROM 19th April here: http://thechillhacker.com/media/19Apr2011.zip
or
Tim3a patched for 16gb models here: http://public.timduru.org/Android/Flytouch3/Tim-V3/20110416-Tim3a_16GBFix.zip

Cheers,

Shane

B0B

Apr 23, 2011
Exciting im waiting for my replacement 16gb so i can install it internally :) ill let you know how that goes when i cross that bridge

Sent from my Flytouch3 using Android Tablet Forum App

dlam

May 26, 2011

i encounter the same problem on my FT3. tried many firmware but doesn't works.
there's a new version in the market now tim4d. this is the one that will work ... at least it works on mine!! screen sensitivitity improve as well.
it's only released 0n 28-May. go download it