Full HD Tablet Options

mattbooty

Oct 8, 2012
So i currently have a touchpad running android from the firesale and I want to upgrade to a full hd (1920) tablet. As far as I can tell at this time my only options are the Acer and Asus (I've seen that Huawei has one also but it doesn't appear to be available in the US and not a lot of new info has been forthcoming). Am I correct in that or am I overlooking any?

My primary uses will be web, reading comics (this is my primary reason to want a full hd tab), and watching videos.

Any suggestions / recommendations? I doubt I will use the transformer's dock. Most of my research shows that people seem to like the Asus better than the Acer... right now the Asus is also around $150 more than the Acer... is it $150 better?

Are there any Full HD android tabs coming down the pipe that it would be worthwhile to wait for?

Any opinions would be appreciated.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You are correct AFIK, the Acer A700 and the Transformer TF700 are pretty much it. Being moderately partial to the dock option, (and other things), on the ASUS, any further opinion may be tainted. ;)

mattbooty

Oct 8, 2012
So you are happy with your infinity? Have you past experience with other android tablets, is it a noticeable upgrade from prior models?

It sounds like the transformer will run a bit faster than the acer, but i'm not sure how much that will affect me. Does anyone have experience with the acer (or both) that can weigh in?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
So you are happy with your infinity? Have you past experience with other android tablets, is it a noticeable upgrade from prior models?

It sounds like the transformer will run a bit faster than the acer, but i'm not sure how much that will affect me. Does anyone have experience with the acer (or both) that can weigh in?

I don't personally own an Infinity but I have several customers who do and they love em. I have had my hands on dozens of different tablets because of my association with lots of computer people (geeks), and the Transformer line has stood out.