Future Android Tablet Owner

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction & Forum Website Assistance' started by Medic005, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Medic005

Medic005 Member

Tablet / Device:
    HTC DRIOD ERIS
    Hey Everyone,

Joined up to do some research on an Android Tablet. Looking to buy one and just wanted to read up on info and maybe post some questions. Ideally, I would like to get a 7" screen with Android 2.2 running on it.

I've been using the Android software on my HTC Droid Eris since January, so I'm pretty experienced with the OS.

Looking forward to gaining some insight from these forums.

C-ya!
    Tom

2. xaueious

xaueious Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    Welcome to AT

The WITSA81E is the only device on that market that fits your bill for now. But the device is not implemented that well for Android. Best bet is to wait for something good if you want Froyo,Flash, and all that good stuff

3. probbiethe1

probbiethe1 Super Moderator Staff Member

yeah like xaueious said theres only one tablet right now running android 2.2 so if thats a deal breaker for you, you should hold off for a little bit and keep watching this forum for updates on tablets

4. Medic005

Medic005 Member

Tablet / Device:
    HTC DRIOD ERIS
    Yep, I did see the review on the WITSA81E, sounds like they have some bugs to work out. I would like to get one by the end of this year, so I got some time for new models to come out. I'm looking forward to see what Samsung is going to release.

5. xaueious

xaueious Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    I'm confident there will be good ones out by then. It's just taking a long time.