G-Mail Display Images by Default

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
Over at XDA they developed a apk for Gmail on 2.2 that will display images by default when you open a e-mail. I tried this and it worked great on my DroidX. There were a lot of requests to have this made for 2.1 as well, well this has been done now.

[APP] Gmail.apk 2.3.2 that Always Displays Images (Froyo) - Page 16 - xda-developers

In post 160 there is the apk that you need and then just follow the instructions in the OP to put it on your tablet. I have been using this since Friday and have not had a problem at all.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
This is great thank you for sharing

Sent from my incredible using Android Tablet Forum

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Makes sense for wifi only tablets, but since I have 3G on mine, I am sticking with the default

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
If you are charged by the data you download I would agree with you on that. I have unlimited data on my phone and only use WiFi, or wireless tether for my tablet so there is no cost for me.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Wish one of the big three in Canada actually had data plans that made sense, but that isn't happening.

Anyways this could make its way onto my wifi-only tablets. Thanks for the drop.

RoyEP3

Feb 3, 2011
Over at XDA they developed a apk for Gmail on 2.2 that will display images by default when you open a e-mail. I tried this and it worked great on my DroidX. There were a lot of requests to have this made for 2.1 as well, well this has been done now.

[APP] Gmail.apk 2.3.2 that Always Displays Images (Froyo) - Page 16 - xda-developers

In post 160 there is the apk that you need and then just follow the instructions in the OP to put it on your tablet. I have been using this since Friday and have not had a problem at all.

Hmm. I tried doing this via root explorer. I replaced the gmail.apk in system/app with the gmail.apk from post #160. After doing so, gmail has totally disappeared from the applications list. What did I do wrong?

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
Did you change the permissions on the apk in your system/app file? The are not correct and need to be changed to match all the other apk's that are in the system/app folder.

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
After you change permision restart your tablet.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk