G Tablet newbie.. confused

MWRoper

May 9, 2011
Hi all, hoping someone can help. I just got one of these for my wife (and frankly I'm a bit jealous that she got it and not me). I downloaded the 2.2 OS as it asked me too, and did the set up for her. Of course the first thing she wanted to do is look at some YouTube things and it would play. I get a message saying "Sorry this video cannot be played". I can only assume that this is a flash issue? Any help would be appreciated.

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
Ur going to need to install (flash) a custom to get market. Go to stickies in technical section and read up on how to install clockworkmod (cwm) a custom rom and market fix thread. Then read it over and over and go to YouTube and search install (custom rom name) and watch the video and download everything u needfrom the thread and watch the video again and give it a whirl. I'd recommend starting with vegan 5.1.1. U can look at stickies and read list of custom Roms to see the different ones. The android market doesn't come stock on the gtab. Custom roms are a must, stock gtab sucks in comparison.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
The actual doing of this can be done in about 30 minutes, just be sure up follow all the directions and don't skip any steps.

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB using Android Tablet Forum

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
I know its confusing at first and its gonna take a minute to get used to it. But if u have any questions jut try a search cause ur question has probably been answered many times and if u can't find an answer then ask it and someone here (including me) will help u with it. Btw, step 7 says "mount system/data".is.wrong, u need to "mount USB storage". Once u install a custom rom u need to install a kernel. [Kernel] 2.6.32.39 - OC-UV-VFP_FP (1.400GHZ) - Gtab/Zpad (Update 4/30/11) - xda-developers scroll down till u get to the gtab instructions and give it a go. U can probably find his on YouTube also