G10 The first version (Summer 2010) Android 1.6. I need help!

sir_den

Oct 8, 2010
Friends, I am the owner of the MID G10 (not GM10), which I purchased in the early autumn of 2010.
In MID was installed Android 1.6 (version June or July 2010), version of motherboard - TB70BM MB V1.2
The seller has promised full support for this device, but subsequently did not answer my messages.
I have long been searching for a firmware upgrade for my device and several months later found that in Hungary, Germany and other European countries such as the device is sold under different localized names. Factory model name is GM10.
I downloaded all the available firmware for these devices and tried to flash those firmware your MID.
Firmware update was made successfully, but when the process I got off the device - the "brick". Namely: starting logo appears upside down in a mirror image, whether it's logo with snowman or the other picture and hangs forever! (MID hangs after the logo)
This is manifested in all firmware versions.
In flashing mode, or restore factory settings MID is in the normal display orientation.

Guys, I need help! Are there any options for restoring my MID? Maybe I need to find the "first" version of firmware (summer 2010) for the modification of the G10 (not GM!), but such firmware is nowhere: (
Who has good advice on my problem? :confused:

ps sorry for my english, I'm from Russia :)

Attachments

• $08042011.jpg
    $08042011.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 850

sir_den

Oct 8, 2010
Hi bonze04! Thank you for your advice.
I know that the same device has several names in different countries. But I'm not sure if my modification MID is fully compatible with the updated version-GM10. Maybe my unit was one of the prototypes, which subsequently Leader intl was released an updated product.
As I said earlier, I tried to flash all the firmware for different models (Pearl, BlueThunder, etc ...) The result is always the same :(
Now I tried to flash in my MID G10_5_XYL_V2.5_en_20110218.zip (I was doing it before) and nothing has changed. I have a MID in which only appears when you turn upside down starting the logo, in mirror image. Also, I can not install the drivers for the ADB, because the MID is not fully loaded. because it does not update Cthulhu rom.
I think that the problem in newer versions of software or its incompatibility with my MID.
When I enter the service mode screen orientation is normal! In this mode, I can perform a factory reset or do re-flash. Below I show the photo.

$1.jpg$2.jpg$3.jpg$4.jpg
comment..
Pressing the key combination to enter the service mode I have the Google logo, then there is the service menu or the status of flashing (depending on the keystrokes when the turn), and depending on the selected menu item, reboot. All this in a normal orientation of the display. There is a caveat, no reboot is performed independently. The device hangs on the label "reboot" and I have to press the "reset".
And then, as it was before, snowman upside down in a mirror image. nothing else happens. MID does not boot - hangs.

ps one hundred percent I need to find the first version of firmware (Summer 2010) :confused:

bonze04

Mar 11, 2011
:( Sorry for you my friend.
Seems to be "bricked"

Hope you'll find an original 1.6 version to be back to fun !

sir_den

Oct 8, 2010
Hello, everyone!
I found out that I really need a firmware MID-eng 1.6 FC24 eng.root.20100729.205337 test-keys
who has this firmware? or have the opportunity to download the dump from your device?
Who can help me :)

sir_den

Oct 8, 2010
Hi, I tried to flash almost all or all of the firmware for the X2 and X2G. The same result. The flash made is ok, but after I have Touchlet logo in the bottom left corner of the screen and then MID will not boot!
(should be as shown in the picture in the instructions, it should look like this: Touchlet logo in the upper left corner, and then the logo and the inscription "Touchlet" in center of screen. I have no such :( )

possible problem in the loader?
Who knows, the problem may be in the version of the file u-boot.bin? may be needed earlier version than November 2010?

Last edited: