galaxy 10.1 touchscreen keyboard

grimpickle

Feb 2, 2012
Greetings. i have having an occasional problem with my tablet, and i cant find anything about it anywhere. The problem i have is every so often the touch screen keyboard just stops working. The only thing that seems to fix it is to shut down the teablet and reboot. There doesnt seem to be anything one thing that causes this, it happens randomly, through just about any app i run. Anyone have any ideas on what could cause this?

BTW, i dont have a lot of stuff actually installed on the tablet, and i have tried cleaning just about everything off, running a stripped down version and the same thing still happens.

azkmc

Sep 17, 2012
I have been having a similar problem. When the device is first powered on, it works fine, then it stops responding to touch. Sometimes if you wait for 30 seconds or more, you can get it to respond. That means you have to adjust your time out settings to 2 minutes or more. At first if you restart the tablet it works fine, but after a couple of minutes, it stops responding. Over time, even makes it hard to log in, because the unlock screen stops responding. It is like it is over heating or something.