Galaxy player 5.0

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Probably not would be my guess. Unless there is a community of developers or users working on root and custom ROMs for the device you probably won't be able to get ICS on there. Android has to be built to run the specific hardware of the device so you can't just update it to the latest Android unless somebody has made that version available for your hardware. Most of the time that is up to the manufacturer of the device but sometimes developers and users setup and do it for popular devices.

In this case because this is just a media player Samsung is not likely to put the effort into updating the OS. I also don't think there is a developer community out there for this device that is going to do it. I could be wrong on both counts since Samsung has generally been good about updating their tablets and phones to the latest OS and I am not familiar enough with the 5.0 to know how the community is for it. I would say not likely though.

thajamjar

Mar 16, 2012
The player is like a mini tablet. It is 5 inches. Really does rock....mine is rooted and icanuse other roms

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The player is like a mini tablet. It is 5 inches. Really does rock....mine is rooted and icanuse other roms

Well there you go. Just because it is a mini tablet and runs Android that doesn't mean there are ROMs for it. If there are people out there making them though then go for it.