Galaxy Tab 7-Inch WiFi Only - Frequent Restarts Needed

colinwhipple

Apr 21, 2011
About twice a week my Tab slows to a crawl, and I end up rebooting it. Is this a common problem? Is there something to do to fix it other than rebooting?

Colin

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Maybe it is something you installed, I don't have this trouble with my wifi Galaxy tab.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Tablet Forum

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
About twice a week my Tab slows to a crawl, and I end up rebooting it. Is this a common problem? Is there something to do to fix it other than rebooting?

Colin

I've encountered this a few times and have found the culprit to usually be an app update that can affect Bluetooth functionality (such as the Bluetooth controlled skip song function in Pandora). If the Bluetooth stack isn't shut down cleanly it will go into palace land, hobbling up CPU cycles and grinding your tab to a halt. Look for recently updated apps that can access Bluetooth on your device.

Sent from my SPH-P100

konstan

Oct 30, 2011
(1) try removing most if not all of the widgets you are running
(2) try replacing that fancy live wallpaper :) with just a static image
(3) disable the app killer / advanced app killer / battery juice saver for a while, they can make the system unstable

report back the results

colinwhipple

Apr 21, 2011
I am a little hazy about the difference between a widget and an ordinary app. But I don't have anything installed that continuously and visibly updates, except the little time display in the upper right corner of the screen.

I don't have live wallpaper. I use APOD, which updates once a day.

I have not installed any app killer or battery saver app.