Gallery & External SD card

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
I moved a bunch of pictures to my external sd card and now they dont show up in my gallery. The videos do, but not the pictures,
Did I do something wrong? I named the folder PicturesSD (the video is VideoSD) or does the A500/ Honeycomb not regonize pictures on the external?
Thanks

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
I put a ticket in with Acer and they told me I need a file manager to view the picture (already have 1).
This doesn't make sense since when I plug a drive into the USB, the pictures show up from it in my gallery. Also, the fact that my video album from the external shows up in the gallery makes me think either I did something wrong or it’s the tablet (software).
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks,

Also, the fact that my video album from the external shows up in the gallery makes me think either I did something wrong or it’s the tablet (software).
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks,

Update:
I got someone from Acer on the phone. They said for some reason the pictures are hidden on the external SD.
Does anyone know how to unhide them?
Thanks.

Last edited:

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
According to ES File Manager, The file is not hidden.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
In Gallery, where it says All Albums (upper left), make sure the next column reads By Album.
If you set it to Location or Tags things get really messy, because most pictures don't have geo-location or
tags.

Sometimes the media scanner is slow to find a new directory. The media scanner is responsible to build
thumb nails and databases that gallery uses to find media.

When I first created my PicturesSD directory, gallery didn't find it.
A reboot forced the Media scanner to run and then it was found.

From then on, it found new pictures as soon as I put them in there.

For USB, media scanner runs each time you plug it in, but for MicroSD it doesn't always run.
And once again, Acer support has their head tucked straight up where the sun doesn't shine.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
I
A reboot forced the Media scanner to run and then it was found.
Had to reboot it a couple of times, but now it works. I didn't even think of rebooting it since the videos showed up right away. Plus, 1 of the kids turned it off early today, so that was the first reboot. I also thought I read somewhere that rebooting the tablet may cause the pictures on the external to be erased. Doing it was the furthest thing from my mind.

I can now see the pics in all the media players.

Thanks again.