Gaming on the A2109?

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
I thought I'd start a thread where maybe it might help other's as well as myself to know what types of games work on the A2109.

I like to play mostly generic games Like: Angry Birds, Bad Piggies, Where's My Water, Dungeon Hunter, HD Pinball for Tegra, etc.

I know since it has a Tegra 3 in that it should be able to play almost if not every game out there as far as what is on Google Play.
But what about if you go get some of the games they have on Tegra Zone I know not all will play on my Tegra 2 and that there are very few that are designed just for the Tegra 3 Branded Tablets as of yet.

But which ones play best?
I don't know if there are many gamer's here?
But I thought it might be kind of fun.. ;)

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
Riptide rocks! I enjoy playing it and it is my go to app for showing off the tablet. I also play a few other similar action games. The tilt is tricky in some games and fine in others; not sure if it is more sensitive than most or whatever, but it is easy to over steer with tilt compared to other tablets.

jajones82

Dec 17, 2012
Defense Zone HD 2, Fieldrunners, Granny Smith, Jetpack Joyride, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Royal Revolt, Ski Safari, Sonic 4 THD, Total Defense, SG deadzone, all play without issue on mine, so I think any TegraZone game will be great...I just wish the battery life was better on these tablets, because it seems to drain pretty steadily when watching movies or playing games. They claim 10 hours on wifi battery life, which they may mean if the tablet is just sitting there unused on wifi.

stal2k

Dec 13, 2012
I have really been enjoying Gameloft offerings. Moderncombat 4 order&.chaos, dungeon hunter etc. I accidentally stumbled on some info on our tegra. Just some info, the THD designation just means.it's.optimized to use quadcore, games that aren't don't necessarily utilize it (Gameloft). If you get poor performance do setcpu profile to change governer to performance.while you play. Also look into dbind app, invaluable for cramming as many games as possible on.

I can elaborate more if this is new info.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
I have really been enjoying Gameloft offerings. Moderncombat 4 order&.chaos, dungeon hunter etc. I accidentally stumbled on some info on our tegra. Just some info, the THD designation just means.it's.optimized to use quadcore, games that aren't don't necessarily utilize it (Gameloft). If you get poor performance do setcpu profile to change governer to performance.while you play. Also look into dbind app, invaluable for cramming as many games as possible on.

I am on JellyBean now and Order and Chaos doesn't even support it :(

stal2k

Dec 13, 2012
It does you just have to go around the market. Not sure how keen they are about posting instructions but if you can't figure it out with some quick googling pm me. There isn't a game I couldn't run yet. Mc4 is actually buttery smooth. (You don't need root either)

u6u6yha4.jpg

Last edited:

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
Defense Zone HD 2, Fieldrunners, Granny Smith, Jetpack Joyride, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Royal Revolt, Ski Safari, Sonic 4 THD, Total Defense, SG deadzone, all play without issue on mine, so I think any TegraZone game will be great...I just wish the battery life was better on these tablets, because it seems to drain pretty steadily when watching movies or playing games. They claim 10 hours on wifi battery life, which they may mean if the tablet is just sitting there unused on wifi.

Games are the battery killer. Galaxy On Fire, which one of my kids really enjoys, sucks the power like nothing else. I get a lot more battery life watching movies than he gets in that game. With wifi on and the screen off, I get days of power. It is all about the screen, vibration and sound.

rwaterspf1

Jan 1, 2013
I guess i am old lol, I play GTA3 on the tab, will put GTA4 on it if I can figure out how to get it off my phone and to the tab

jajones82

Dec 17, 2012
Games are the battery killer. Galaxy On Fire, which one of my kids really enjoys, sucks the power like nothing else. I get a lot more battery life watching movies than he gets in that game. With wifi on and the screen off, I get days of power. It is all about the screen, vibration and sound.

so you are on stock Jellybean and leave wifi on? I have heard this helps conserve battery(somehow).

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012

Do either of these apps require root?

I'm kind of scared of rooting and changing stock settings as I have fried a couple of PC's in the past.

stal2k

Dec 13, 2012
so you are on stock Jellybean and leave wifi on? I have heard this helps conserve battery(somehow).

It's not the vibration or sound, it's your tegra using all four cores at a high rate or buzzing two at full load etc. The display brightness also plays huge part but yes they do eat battery.

stal2k

Dec 13, 2012
Do either of these apps require root?

I'm kind of scared of rooting and changing stock settings as I have fried a couple of PC's in the past.

Both do, if your worried about it don't muck with the setcpu. I think gl2sd in Playstore does not require root and does same thing.

If you mean like way back in the day it's a bit diffrrent now. But if you have a problem either following or fully reading detailed directions I'd recommend staying stock.