Gapps on Viewpad 10 with full access to Google Market

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
Hi all I am a newbie here so I will start with I am sorry for not understanding what I am reading. I have a Samsung captivate I guess it is the stock app calendar (green stripe on top with a 25) Does anyone know if I can sync that calendar to my Viewsonic G tablet? running Vegan not tapntap.
I put almost everything in my phone and it would be great if I could sync the 2
Thanking all in advance Jaye

RckyBobby

Apr 2, 2011
Hi all I am a newbie here so I will start with I am sorry for not understanding what I am reading. I have a Samsung captivate I guess it is the stock app calendar (green stripe on top with a 25) Does anyone know if I can sync that calendar to my Viewsonic G tablet? running Vegan not tapntap.
I put almost everything in my phone and it would be great if I could sync the 2
Thanking all in advance Jaye

This thread is about getting the market and Gapps on the viewpad10. Totaly different than the gtablet. You will probably get more help if you ask this question in another thread.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

slchan999

Apr 25, 2011
you will have to follow the tutorial in the OP.

I found that even we have the access to Market, it is not fully function. Some applications, which I can find on my rooted HTC magic, can not be searched and installed on the Viewpad 10. Both are running Android 2.2. Do you happed to know the way to root Vpad 10? Thank you.

proces

May 9, 2011
I found that even we have the access to Market, it is not fully function. Some applications, which I can find on my rooted HTC magic, can not be searched and installed on the Viewpad 10. Both are running Android 2.2. Do you happed to know the way to root Vpad 10? Thank you.
it rooted already. by default read only. problem is that this is an SFS image file - not partition with system folders. all files are there... but, with some brainstorm and linux using you can mount it and change anything. with step in OP you get main google apps worked include native market (not viewpad's).
P.S. you can do all the things from ubuntu live 11.04 (x64/x32) that installed on microSD by UNetbootin with max userspace (I have 4gb on sd, so userspace was about 3gb). do it with root login! (googleIT). must external keyboard.

after going by flow in first post I added some permissions xml's, change all system to R/W, replace sfs file, boot to android, cleared all market and google caches, reboot. at the end I have fully work market. of course not all app work because of CPU compatibility. seem GOOD choice of apps... :)

proces

May 9, 2011
first I hope you do this via other live linux (not from android).
so after mounted android partition on live linux you must change /system access to r/w, for build.prop too. by default it is read-only.
but if you will install 2.2-1.7 it will be simple. in this installation all android files are in folders opposite 2.2-1.4 where all system encrypted in .sfs. file. and if you format android partition as ext2 you can use it in windows...

hi

can not deleted ****in build.prod files on system images files. how to delete build.prod

zihniates

Jun 23, 2011
i used to ubuntu, but first time use. :) how to change access on build.prod?

my device viewpad 10s (android 2.2, ec version 1.9, kernel version 2.6.32.9_P10_v1.10_20110218_VIE)

whammy

Jun 30, 2011
Hi, newby to viewpad 10 which hopefully will arrive tomorrow, I have carried out the tutorial from the op but have become stuck at Step 5, when I am trying the mksquashfs command and dragging and dropping my system file off the desktop I am getting a no such file or directory error, I have tried moving the system file to different locations but still no joy, I am not a expert in linux terminal commands so I am doing something wrong ???
One problem I had when compiling the system img file was that I had to change ownership of the file as it was root and it would not let me alter its contents as in step four. So I am now the owner of the file - will this make a difference when trying the mksquashfs command ???

I also do not understand the following - quoted from original op ---when it is all done you may replace the original one that is in the ISO file then write it to usb and flash it. if you have it written to usb already you can simply replace the one that is on the usb drive.

and also the instruction ''once you get it flashed''

Am I right in thinking the file that the mksquashfs command makes is burnt to a usb drive and then put in the viewpad and booted up ????

As said above the viewpad should arrive tommorow and will have Android 1.6 on it, i have downloaded the 2.2 version from the Viewsonic website and that is sitting waiting on a usb drive, does the tutorial above supersede this and I will just have to load up this version made by this tutorial.

Sorry for all the questions but any help would be appreciated

thanks

hastaply

Jun 19, 2011
Yeah, no luck. I had permission errors everywhere trying to copy the files, did chown in term to open them up. finally thought I was done but when i flashed it to the pad, nothing, goes to boot and freezes. Any chance someone has the usb iso working and can post it??

RckyBobby

Apr 2, 2011
I should have updated this in the OP before but I forgot, but you need to be logged in linux as root by following these instructions,
when you first boot into Linux with the live USB open a terminal and type sudo passwd hit enter then it will ask you to create a password. (it will have you input it twice) then log out or switch users, (do not restart or shut down) then log in as other, then type root for the username (hit enter) then type the password you just made. then follow the tutorial in the OP.
and after you make the system.sfs you can just open the x86 android partition (while you are still in Linux) and replace the one that is in there with the one you just made so you dont have to reinstall android. after you log in as root you shouldn't get anymore permission errors and everything should build with no errors.

RckyBobby

Apr 2, 2011
Hi, newby to viewpad 10 which hopefully will arrive tomorrow, I have carried out the tutorial from the op but have become stuck at Step 5, when I am trying the mksquashfs command and dragging and dropping my system file off the desktop I am getting a no such file or directory error, I have tried moving the system file to different locations but still no joy, I am not a expert in linux terminal commands so I am doing something wrong ???
One problem I had when compiling the system img file was that I had to change ownership of the file as it was root and it would not let me alter its contents as in step four. So I am now the owner of the file - will this make a difference when trying the mksquashfs command ???

I also do not understand the following - quoted from original op ---when it is all done you may replace the original one that is in the ISO file then write it to usb and flash it. if you have it written to usb already you can simply replace the one that is on the usb drive.

and also the instruction ''once you get it flashed''

Am I right in thinking the file that the mksquashfs command makes is burnt to a usb drive and then put in the viewpad and booted up ????

As said above the viewpad should arrive tommorow and will have Android 1.6 on it, i have downloaded the 2.2 version from the Viewsonic website and that is sitting waiting on a usb drive, does the tutorial above supersede this and I will just have to load up this version made by this tutorial.

Sorry for all the questions but any help would be appreciated

thanks

once you get it "flashed" is just another term for "installed" sorry for the confusion. if you follow the instructions from viewsonic and burn (or write) the files to usb drive, you can open the drive and you will see all the files that were in the .ISO file and one of them is the system.sfs file that you will be replacing. or if you already have android installed you can open the androidx86 partition (while still in Linux) and replace it with the one you just made.

whammy

Jun 30, 2011
Thanks for the info, will give it another try, my viewpad 10 has now arrived and the only thing I don't like is the noisy fan once the pad gets warm the fan speed increases and the noise out of the top vent is not ideal, I don't know if this is normal and if it is if there is anything that can be done about it ??
I have also had ubuntu 11.04 up and running on it this morning from a usb drive, the only thing missing now is Angry Birds !!!!!!! which is why I am interested in this thread, I have tried downloading a angry birds apk file from 4share but it does not install ????

Anyway - onwards and upwards
:cool:

RckyBobby

Apr 2, 2011
Thanks for the info, will give it another try, my viewpad 10 has now arrived and the only thing I don't like is the noisy fan once the pad gets warm the fan speed increases and the noise out of the top vent is not ideal, I don't know if this is normal and if it is if there is anything that can be done about it ??
I have also had ubuntu 11.04 up and running on it this morning from a usb drive, the only thing missing now is Angry Birds !!!!!!! which is why I am interested in this thread, I have tried downloading a angry birds apk file from 4share but it does not install ????

Anyway - onwards and upwards
:cool:

Angry birds and quite a few more apps and games won't work because they aren't compatable with android x82.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum

Xjph

Jul 16, 2011
I have tried this three times with the same result each time. It seems to install but I just get a black screen when I try to boot into android.