Gapps Won't Install Properly on 9042-8

iCooper

Dec 26, 2012
Hopefully this will be an easy one given I cant find it anywhere. I rooted and installed CWMR on my 9042-8. Proceded to try and install the reccomended gapps build from goo.im it said everything went well then I rebooted the tablet and poof. No Gapps. Any ideas? I have read the stickies and searched here, google, and xda and have found nothing of value. Maybe someone would be kind enough to upload their ROM with Gapps installed already so i could just flash to it?

iCooper

Dec 26, 2012
i have also re-downloaded that gapps build as well as older ones and they all behave the same

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
This is a common problem with newer coby's. Coby has added to much bloat so nothing else can be installed. The solution is to remove enough bloat to allow gapps to install. However many MB the gapps is you trying to install you need to remove that much bloat first.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
I am trying this now. Will update later on result. Thank you.

One trick you can try if you are real close on system space is to delete the options folder in the gapps zip before you apply it.

iCooper

Dec 26, 2012
Sorry it took me so long to update. This fix DID work. Thank you Vampirefo. Ive been travelling alot so my hobbies have been the last thing on my mind. Looking forward to hopefully becoming a useful member of the forum