Gartner Predicts Massive Tablet & Smartphone Sales for 2013: 1.2 Billion

Discussion in 'Android Tablet News' started by dgstorm, Nov 6, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

[​IMG]

Gartner has some strong forecasts for the sales of mobile devices next year. They predict that we will see combined sales of tablets and smartphones reach 1.2 Billion by the end of 2013. This year alone they forecast we will reach sales of 821 Million. Most of the increase in sales next year they expect to see in the enterprise/corporate world. We have the press release below with full details.

These seem like pretty large predictions, yet I find it hard to be skeptical about them. What do you guys think?

Here's the full press release:

2. sknight702

sknight702 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 & iPad Mini
    I dont know how much stock to put into what Gartner says...from a lot of chatter on various chatrooms it seems like they are only going to give information and facts that pump up the agendas of its big money contributors. Did you know that a high level Gartner analyst is not working at Citrix? While nothing new, these analysts learn the secrets, roadmaps and plans of a company then take a job a company in that space.

3. sknight702

sknight702 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 & iPad Mini

LOL

I dont know how much stock to put into what Gartner says...from a lot of chatter on various chatrooms it seems like they are only going to give information and facts that pump up the agendas of its big money contributors. Did you know that a high level Gartner analyst is NOW working at Citrix? While nothing new, these analysts learn the secrets, roadmaps and plans of a company then take a job a company in that space.