Gateway Tablet Newbie TP-A60W

Oct 31, 2011
Hi All... I bought this 64G 10 inch tablet about 1 month ago and I am Very PLEASED. Gateway tablet is apparently a rebranded Acer Iconia A500 so I signed up to this forum and I'm hoping to learn more - so a few basic questions to start - 1) are there any differences and 2) does each manufacturer generate their own version of Android Honeycomb (my tablet says I have version 3.0.1) and finally 3)

One bit of news is that I did buy the Acer A500 Case at Staples and it fits the Gateway tablet perfectly (snugly I could say)

I'm looking forward to new experiences...

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, welcome to Android Tablets and congratulations on your new tablet. I'm glad to hear you're pleased with your tablet and I believe you're correct about it being a rebranded Acer Iconia A500. For the rest of your questions, I'm moving your post to the Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum section where the folks who know your tablet best can answer them.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Hi All... I bought this 64G 10 inch tablet about 1 month ago and I am Very PLEASED. Gateway tablet is apparently a rebranded Acer Iconia A500 so I signed up to this forum and I'm hoping to learn more - so a few basic questions to start - 1) are there any differences and 2) does each manufacturer generate their own version of Android Honeycomb (my tablet says I have version 3.0.1) and finally 3)

One bit of news is that I did buy the Acer A500 Case at Staples and it fits the Gateway tablet perfectly (snugly I could say)

I'm looking forward to new experiences...

Nobody is too sure of the exact differences, because nobody buys both.

I suspect that only ACER is generating the software version updates. If Gateway knew how to do that they wouldn't have signed on
with Acer. But I suspect the Gateway tablets are low-man-on-the-totum-pole when it comes to updates.

You might be able to side load the 3.2 release if you are feeling adventurous, or call up Gateway and bug them.
Be sure you register the tablet, and every week go to Settings / About Tablet / System Update to see if there is
an update waiting.

allchooedup

Jan 22, 2012
to the above poster: how would i side load 3.2? Sorry, total noob here. I just bought this gateway tablet and the settings/about tablet/system update wants to upgrade it all the way to 4.00, which once is downloaded, doesn't appear to be compatible with this tablet. I am still stuck at 3.0 any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :rolleyes: