Gateway TP A60 update

allchooedup

Jan 22, 2012
Hi all,

I just got my gateway tablet a few days ago and it is currently running honeycomb 3.0 out of the box, my tablet settings wants to automatically update android to 4.00 but it doesn't look like that version is compatible. So with that being said, now for my noob question: how would I update my honeycomb to version 3.2??? I downloaded two zip files for kernel ( whatever this means) from the gateway website but I do not know how to install them! Could someone with the same tablet walk me through this?? Thanks in advanced!!

Sent from my TPA60W using Android Tablet Forum

smishra

Feb 16, 2012
Not sure if you ever got an answer on this but the 4.0 update is actually the Gateway version, not the android version. As a result you should be able to install this and I beleive you will end up on 3.2.1

Good luck

DeFrog

May 7, 2012
Hello

I have had a gateway tablet a60 since last november .... I got the honeycomb update shortly after but have not seen any signs of the ICS 4 update ..... just wondering if the ics update you got was from gateway or Google and if anyone else who has had one for a bit has gotten the update pushed to them

thks