Gave Up on Vizio and Got an IPad 2

rubeninfl

Nov 5, 2011
I thought this would be a sad post, but I'm okay with it. When I first decided that I wanted a tablet I was drawn to the Android tablets because of the lower price. I decided on the Vizio because it was a brand I was familiar with. I went through all the frustrations most on here have gone through. I finally used an Ipad 2 over the weekend and witnessed how smooth and easy it should be to use a tablet. I have to say that the ipad is just as smooth to use as my iphone 4.

Yesteday I picked up a used ipad 2 with a case with a built in bluetooth keyboard for $275. It looks brand new. I absolutely love it and only regret the time I spent trying to make a go at it with the Vizio.

Good luck everyone!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Bitter sweet? Of course the VTab1008 was a first generation device in an area Vizio had never made anything before. You have to expect some growing pains and this device certainly had those. The new tablet was voted the best tablet at CES which says a lot. Let's just hope they make it.

When you get bored with the iPad, who knows maybe you'll be back. If Vizio isn't an option, the Nexus 10 would make a pretty sweet tablet at used prices. I'm sure if you keep your eyes open over the next year you will find Woot sales and refurbs on it for around the same price as your iPad. Then you can get a real taste of Android goodness (no the VTab is not a real android tablet :().

JP