G'Day Androiders

longbich

Dec 1, 2011
I'm here due to 4 days of frustration. It looks like there are going to be some good tips and helpful folks here for new Android users like me. I have to get some books loaded on this one for my wife for Christmas.
Already I have discovered that if I store my FBReader or Aldiko on the microSD then they will not perform.
They have to be on the device.
What I would like to do is figure out how to download books onto the SD card.
It seems like such a simple thing after using a PC but I'm stumped.
Anyway hi everyone.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
G'Day, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your post to the Android Tablet Q&A section to see if we can get some help in moving those books to the SD card. Good luck!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Aldiko 2.x: tap the Home icon (top left) -> SD Card -> browse to the folder with eBooks (I use ePub format) -> tap checkmarks on right to select folders/files with compatible format ebooks -> tap on Import to Aldiko button in the bottom of screen. If you need further help, they have an online support forum with tips and tutorials.

longbich

Dec 1, 2011
Aldiko 2.x: tap the Home icon (top left) -> SD Card -> browse to the folder with eBooks (I use ePub format) -> tap checkmarks on right to select folders/files with compatible format ebooks -> tap on Import to Aldiko button in the bottom of screen. If you need further help, they have an online support forum with tips and tutorials.

Thanks Lfom but I want to do the opposite to what you have advised.
Somehow your books got into the eBook folder. They are on the SD card. How?
If I can get them all stored in the eBook folder on the SD card I will have succeeded.
After they are on the SD card then I can call them up to the bookshelf to read. I do not want to store all my downloads on the Telefunken Tel7J MID. I want to keep them on the SD card.
I want to know how to download onto the SD card.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Ah, OK. Sorry.. Well, you can use a browser like Opera mobile (it usually downloads all kind of files while other browsers may fail), they will go to a folder in your SD card. Or simply connect your tablet to your computer computer and start "storage mode", then you should see the sdcard partition mounted on your computer (how to do it differrs from tablet to tablet, but you should have it explained in the manual or support site) or use adb (a little bit more complicated and technical). There is even a 3rd way, where you install some application from Market, like this one:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lyy.softdatacable

Last edited: