Genealogy Program compatable to the Acer 500

MDEMD

Dec 28, 2011
What family history/genealogy programs are compatable to my Acer 500 Tablet? I just found out that Legacy is not Android compatable. My knowledge on this tablet and what is and is not compatable is very slim and I NEED lots of help! I have no idea what Android means. Is it like a operating system as Windows? :confused: Thanks muchly.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
You need to go to http://market.android.com (which is the ONLY place a new user should get applications) and key in the word genealogy and hit the search button. Or just click this link.

There are dozens. You can click the install button on your computer and cause any of these to be sent to your tablet, or you can hit the "market" app on your tablet and do the same thing. The market will not let you install what is not compatible.

The top several are free. There are some paid ones as well. Most expensive I saw was Three bucks. There are user ratings (stars) and also user comments in the market. If you don't like the first one, install the second and third and fourth. Uninstall those you decide are no good, and evaluate the purchased ones for last.

Android is an operating system, totally unlike windows, but serves the same purpose. So you can't install windows or mac applications on android. Use the Market app on your tablet to log in to the market to download applications. You log in with your Gmail address. (You really can't do anything much on Android without a Gmail address).

Welcome to Android, and Good luck with that Acer. Its a great tablet.