General tablet chit chat

villageidiot

Nov 16, 2011
Greetings, firstly I know very little, if not less, about android tablets. About four years ago I bought four for the grand children, cheapo asian 7", two worked and fortunately the other two were replaced. They, the tablets, have since gone to that great scrap heap in the sky, namely Local Council Recycling Scheme.
I must admit I was impressed by what they could do, when working, so dipped into a slightly more expensive market and bought two Kogan Agora 10" tablets. ( running Android 2.3 ) Highly delighted with the performance for what I wanted. Now nearly three years on I want to buy another tablet running Android 4.0 or better but still in the cheap range. I have been looking at the specs for the Maxell Maxtab Q10 which I can purchase for about £153. My question is, has anyone any experience of this tablet.
My username is very apt, I can be abit of an idiot at times.

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
Greetings, firstly I know very little, if not less, about android tablets. About four years ago I bought four for the grand children, cheapo asian 7", two worked and fortunately the other two were replaced. They, the tablets, have since gone to that great scrap heap in the sky, namely Local Council Recycling Scheme.
I must admit I was impressed by what they could do, when working, so dipped into a slightly more expensive market and bought two Kogan Agora 10" tablets. ( running Android 2.3 ) Highly delighted with the performance for what I wanted. Now nearly three years on I want to buy another tablet running Android 4.0 or better but still in the cheap range. I have been looking at the specs for the Maxell Maxtab Q10 which I can purchase for about £153. My question is, has anyone any experience of this tablet.
My username is very apt, I can be abit of an idiot at times.

Try one of the HP Slate 7 tablets. Very reliable company, low cost.

D

dvdcatalyst

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

I don't have any personal experience with the Maxell tablets, so I can't comment on that, but maybe if you include some of the things you like to use in a tablet, we can provide you with some insight.

One of the cheaper tablets I have that I like is the NOOK HD+, which starts at £129 (NOOK Tablets | Apps | Accessories | Books at NOOK® UK).
It is very durable, but it doesn't have a camera.