Generic Flytouch problem

allyndnoir

Aug 17, 2010
My power button doesn't work at all. I got one for my birthday the other day, I've had nothing but problems with it.. Yesterday it seemed fine after I flashed the firmware but about 20 minutes into messing with it the screen went black and the unit was unresponsive. I let the battery die hoping that would turn it off so I could just turn it on, now whenever I plug it in my battery charges but the power button is unresponsive. It took me 3 days to figure out what kind of tablet it actually was. (the chinese seller said it was an iRobot but looks almost exactly like this: DealExtreme: $104.90 7" Touch Screen TFT LCD Google Android 1.6 Tablet PC w/ WiFi/Camera (VIA WM8505 ARM926) except with a silver backing.) I really need help with this, the ebay seller said it was warrantied.. then told me the warranty only means I can pay to send it back and then pay to have it fixed.

allyndnoir

Aug 17, 2010
is there anyway of opening the unit and disconnecting the battery or doing a hard reset or anything?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
This unit can be opened up. Since the bottom is all plastic you would open it from the top and push in all the buttons so the top panel can lift up. Make sure you unplug the power cord. I do recommend you connect the power cord directly into wall socket AC. Do not use strip with it. Strange enough to me it works better that way. Poor AC PSU units are crap. Don't listen to that ebay seller.

No matter what I do the power can't drain 100% still 5% in there. Strange.

Last edited: