Generic Samsung Tablet Questions

BobC

Aug 4, 2011
Hi all. I'm almost a total newbie to Android having only played around with a tablet a time or two. I'm not a computer noob, having a BS in computer engineering and an MCSE.

I've been interested in this platform because I've become disenchanted with the bloatware OS's coming out of Redmond these days. Looking for something slimmer and more elegant to start learning about/playing around with. I haven't bought my first tablet yet but am narrowing the field pretty quickly.

I'd like some opinions on this unit. In appearance it looks just like the Herotab M8/Haipad M7/Dropad A8, and the seller is a chinese electronics importer called "MrDigital". Anybody heard of them, dealt with them, etc?

Description: 7 inch MID with samsung chip Multi-touch screen with Bluetooth&GPS 3G wifi camera
Product Specification
Touch panel

7.0" Capacity Multi-touch screen 800*480
CPU

Cortex A8 Samsung PV210/1GHZ
RAM

512MB
Flash Memory

Nand flash4GB ( Option: Max to 16GB )
O.S.

Android 2.2
Bluetooth&GPS

Option
3G

WCDMA/ EVDO (Option)
Wifi

Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g/n
Camera

1.3M pixels
Battery

Lithium-ion 4000mAH
Worktime :

3 hours of surfing the web
Sensor

G-sersor 360°, magnetic(E-Compass)
Sound System

Built in speaker(1*1W)
Supported Audio Format

WMA,MP3,WAV,OOG,AAC,EAAC
Supported Video Format

RMVB, WMV9, MPEG4-SP, ASF, Mov, Mkv, TS

DIVX,H.263,H.264 (support to 1080P:1920x1080)
Application software

QQ,MSN,Skype,Email,Gmail,Photo Browser

Google Search,Browser,Google maps,iReader

Alarm Clock,Calendar,Calculator,Task Manager

Camera,Media player,File Explorer,PDF reader, Market, NC manager

Product's Dimension

W195 * D119 * H13 mm

I/O interface
1 x USB 2.0

1x 3.0mm DC-in port
1 x 3.0mm Headphone

1 x Mini USB Host 1.1 + OTG 2.0
1 x HDMI

1x Mirco SD reader (Support 32GB SD)
Accessories
1 x Screen cover

1 x Earphone (Optionl)
1 x mini-usb-cable

1 x Charger AC100-240V

It seems to have everything I'm looking for. 7" form factor (I'd like 8" 4:3 aspect ratio better), WI-FI, Bluetooth, GPS, 3G, dual cameras, multi-touch, fast processor, half a gig of RAM, good array of ports, and a very attractive price. Its appearance and specs look to be the same as the Herotab C8, except that (and the seller has confirmed this) it includes internal bluetooth AND internal GPS. $197 and free shipping

Is it too good to be true? Anybody ever buy from this seller before? Anybody seen or bought this same unit - even if under another name or at a higher price?