Generic Tablet HD Output ??

overcount

Nov 13, 2012
Hi there,

My tablet is a generic "fj_Vortex", 10.1 screen, 1gb, running Android 4.0.3, Kernel 3.0.8, with a 32gb micro SD card installed.

The tablet is meant to be HD, and has a mini HD output socket on its' right side.

It works perfectly well on its' own, by I want to use it to stream Internet content to my 1080 (auto-detect) HD TV set.

I have the correct HD connecting cable- mini HD plug at one end, plugged into the tablet, the other end the standard HD plug plugged into the TV's HD socket.
The TV is set correctly to the HD input socket as 'source' - in fact, my HD Satellite system works fine when this is plugged into the same input socket.

But after turning the tablet 'on', and all the connecting cable and input set correctly, I get 'NO VIDEO' displayed on the TV screen- There seems to be no HD output from the tablet at all.

This is despite trying when the tablet is displaying the Home Screen, or playing a Video stored on the SD card, using the Vortex HD Player,- nothing seems to leave the tablet via the HD cable.

I have a friend who has a very similar HD generic tablet- he seems to have a mirror image on his HD TV screen, of the tablet's screen, when he uses the same set-up.

Have I got to change any settings on my tablet to achieve the HD output, or am I doing something wrong?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks, as I am stumped.

Dave Grieve, Dumfries, Scotland.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Dave, congratulations on your new Vortex tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. Many tablets have a setting that turns their HDMI output on/off. I'm guessing yours is one of them and I'm guessing it's in your settings for the display.

overcount

Nov 13, 2012
Hi Dave, congratulations on your new Vortex tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. Many tablets have a setting that turns their HDMI output on/off. I'm guessing yours is one of them and I'm guessing it's in your settings for the display.

Thanks Spider- I'll check the 'Settings' on Display, and let you know what happens.

Dave Grieve

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
Welcome to the site. Hope you get this figured out!

overcount

Nov 13, 2012
Welcome to the site. Hope you get this figured out!

No, no luck yet.....Went into 'settings' for the Display, and there's nothing to select for the output or for hdmi.

Going to try reducing hdmi settings on the HD TV, down from the 1080p at present, to lower ones, to see if this makes any difference.

let you know later on.....

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
HDMI is a strange beast. I can take my tablet and plug it into a Sony and it will work. Plug it into a Philips TV and get nothing. Flash a different kernel and it will work with the Philips.

Also, some users have to take their TV from Auto to Wide Screen and get it to work.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I think you may be on the right track with reducing the settings, 720 may be the key. You might also try restarting your tablet wile it's connected to the TV. Do a manual input change on the TV after the restart if you don't see anything, kinda cycle though.

2 things do come to mind. The first would be the possibility of a bad cable, (wouldn't be the first time I've seen/heard that happen). The other is that the port on your tablet may be bad, but that's a long shot.

D

dvdcatalyst

Hi,

Welcome to the forums :)

I'm not sure what modifications Vortex has on their tablets, but you should get a mirror on your TV just like your buddy has.

While with 4.x this shouldn't be needed, for my Droid X (2.2 back then) it redirected stuff only from certain apps over HDMI. Try using an app like Gallery to play a video instead of the vortex player, and see if that makes a difference. If you need a supported video file, I think these will help:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-720p-mp4-sample-trailers-october-2012-a.html

of course, as mentioned, the TV could be a factor as well. if possible, try connecting it to a different TV, or, if you have a computer-screen with HDMI, try that and see how it goes.

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
I face this issue on my Xoom.
Weird... the only option I get to work around.

Everything plug in and reboot my tab.
Once it reboot it auto detected.

Try it hope it help.