Gentouch NBA7800ATP factory reset

angelpaws

Aug 5, 2010
I think it's a neat device, especially if the company fixes everything they promised to fix in the supposed Thursday update. The touchscreen isn't great but I have nice hard acrylic nails which I consider "tools" and they make a great stylus, hehe. What's strange is that the first thing I did with the device was download and install the Kindle app. I was even able to sync my books and read on it all evening. The next day when I decided to (try to) do a reset / clear data, it deleted the kindle app of course. Once I realized I'd have to wait until Thursday to clear data and return/exchange the device, I figured I'd reinstall the kindle app so I could read on it. Well NOW I can no longer download apps from the app store which is one of the major complaints about the device. How strange I was able to do that before but not now. I hope the patch comes out Thursday and fixes all they said it would. Because while it's not a fantastic device, it's a neato fun device for the money.

dadown

Jul 31, 2010
I also found out last night that if you power on the machine while holding the menu button you will boot to an Android System Recovery Utility.
Options include:
reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

only problem is that I haven't figured out how to select an option. Holding down any button does not bring up the keyboard and the touch screen does not respond at this point. Look like you need an external keyboard to select anything.

After running the calibration patch, the Menu and Search buttons move the selection up and down and the Back button chooses the selection. The factory reset wipes not only all the user data but also the extra applications.

angelpaws

Aug 5, 2010
I downloaded the calibration patch but can't get it to run. I'm
new to android. I may have to call Augen for help.

cproth

Jul 26, 2010
Hmm. The patch didn't delete any of my stuff. The patch does make a HUGE difference though.

angelpaws

Aug 5, 2010
I tried to download the updates for the Gentouch that came out today. They either won't download or won't install.

$4863727441_19bafafeb1.jpg $00error.jpg

Tried to call support today but I got home too late. I'll call them tomorrow. I'm getting more and more frustrated. If this device would just work like it should, I'd be happy with it.

jelinidas

Aug 4, 2010
I tried to download the updates for the Gentouch that came out today. They either won't download or won't install.

View attachment 33 View attachment 34

Tried to call support today but I got home too late. I'll call them tomorrow. I'm getting more and more frustrated. If this device would just work like it should, I'd be happy with it.

ur gonna have to download to computer and unzip em there. I thought there was also a .pdf file in there with instructions as well. Good Luck.

angelpaws

Aug 5, 2010
ur gonna have to download to computer and unzip em there. I thought there was also a .pdf file in there with instructions as well. Good Luck.

Thanks. Doing that now. I need their help and now they must be really backed up because all i can do when i call customer service is leave voice mail. I'm getting to the point where I may just return it. My email address is still stuck in there in the android app store, the gmail app, etc., but I've changed my email password so that might be good enough. The Kindle app which has access to purchasing on the fly, that's gone, so that's good. Might be safe enough to just return it. I'm really getting frustrated with this thing. Sad though, I love the idea of it- the form factor, etc. But I may just drop-kick it back to kmart AND cancel my layaway on the one with the non-defective screen. Grrrrr

angelpaws

Aug 5, 2010
I gave up on the thing. I just returned it. The update wasn't installing right and customer service wasn't answering the phone. I STILL would like to get a small Android tablet about that size, but one that WORKS RIGHT. I am new to Android so I don't know if any others exist yet. I'll surf the forums and google and see what I can find. I'm open to suggestion. :)

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I wish there was a hassle free Android tablet out there, but there isn't at the moment :(