Genuine Onda Firmware Pre-Rooted with SU and Google apps - iiDiablousZz

lsk

Nov 26, 2012
Hi, I have a problem with this update:
I'm not new to Android and to Android Recovery (I'm an happy Galaxy I 9000 slim bean user)
I tried to update from Android 4.03 (the default one on the device) using this one (is correct? I need to install first the official one?) but the only result I had was this

I also noticed that the factory_update_param.aml inside is
--update_package=/sdcard/update.zip
--wipe_data
--wipe_cache
--wipe_media
but the file provided is update_signed.zip
I already tried to rename the update_signed.zip in update.zip and also I tried to install it directly from the recover
What does "status 7" means?
thank you

EDIT
ok, I found that status 7 have something to do with the root. If I download an official v 2.0 release (without the root) will it come back to life?

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Sorry i have just noticed the file, give me a hour and i will update the update script i have missed the sideload command!!

Last edited:

lsk

Nov 26, 2012
Ok, I've installed the update.zip from the official update package, now it boots but it has root explorer and superuser installed, no root (i think) and no play store. (but it has google maps, gmail and calendar)
What should I do? Reflash it with your package (when it's back again) or just edit the factory_update_param.aml by myself and try to reflash the one you put online early? or just install a play store from an APK and live happily this way?
Now I have the messy recover console that wants volume buttons.

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Ok, I've installed the update.zip from the official update package, now it boots but it has root explorer and superuser installed, no root (i think) and no play store. (but it has google maps, gmail and calendar)
What should I do? Reflash it with your package (when it's back again) or just edit the factory_update_param.aml by myself and try to reflash the one you put online early? or just install a play store from an APK and live happily this way?
Now I have the messy recover console that wants volume buttons.

Reflash, should be ok now, new script.

herrbifi

Nov 26, 2012
Okay sorry you now have me thoroughly confused, which is not hard. :) I just ordered 4 of the V701s for my kids for Christmas and I am sure I'll have to update them to the latest v1.5.5. So my question is do I just need to use this zip to update the firmware? Or do I still need to use the official firmware from Onda? You state that Google Play is included, but reviews are stating that it doesn't work. I thought the V701 came loaded with Play from the factory is this incorrect? Thanks for info.

lsk

Nov 26, 2012
Okay sorry you now have me thoroughly confused, which is not hard. :) I just ordered 4 of the V701s for my kids for Christmas and I am sure I'll have to update them to the latest v1.5.5. So my question is do I just need to use this zip to update the firmware? Or do I still need to use the official firmware from Onda? You state that Google Play is included, but reviews are stating that it doesn't work. I thought the V701 came loaded with Play from the factory is this incorrect? Thanks for info.
I encountered problems with the V811 not having the market. I don't have a v701 to try, but I think that is safe to upgrade from 1.5/1.55 to 2.0 using iiDiabolusZz files directly.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012

Hi, first yes the tablet comes with playstore installed but it doent work, no you don't need to flash any from Onda the file above for v701 is the Official 1.5.5 i have just pre-rooted it and added a working playstore etc.. it works fine i have one. Onda have as yet not finished the Jelly Bean update for v701, hope this helps.

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I Reflashed: now I have

set_perm: some changes failed
Installation aborted.

during the install (and of course no play store)

The kernel version is 3.0.8-g47c8511-dirty
[email protected]))

What should I try?

Thanks for the info, i will work on it tonight, sorry for the trouble you have had, i will re-script the install myself.

lsk

Nov 26, 2012
Thanks for the info, i will work on it tonight, sorry for the trouble you have had, i will re-script the install myself.

Looking around the OEM firmware I've found that there are 2 zips that need to be flashed: update.zip and patch.zip

If I flash only update.zip from the OEM I'm in the same situation of flashing your(no root, no market, no google apps, ecc.), if I flash both the tablet works fine (of course with all the chinese apps and not rooted).

root_inside only adds superuser and root explorer and superuser but doesn't root the firmware for me.

I've not tried to flash your update.zip and the original patch.zip

Hope it will help

rugal

Nov 27, 2012
I have taken the Onda Genuine Firmware package and Rooted with SuperUser, installed Root Explorer, Play-Store, Maps, Street View etc.. All chinese apps have been removed.

Download your firmware -

Onda v701 ICS 4.0.3 - Onda-v701_4.0.3.zip New fixes HDMI Audio problems.

Onda v811 J-B 4.1.1 - Unavailable for now sorry.

** I will add more, let me know how these go **

Now open the downloaded .zip and inside you will see update.zip and factory_update_param.aml (PLEASE DO NOT use any other .aml file you may have it wont work) Now drag these 2 files to your external sdcard then shut down tablet. Hold home+power buttons untill you see the white droid then release both. The green droid will show along with the progress bar, once done it will restart in chinese so goto settings and change to your language and time zone, DONE.
Remember to delete files from sdcard, enjoy.

*Some of Googles own Apps that are not inculded might have to be side loaded in as the Google Store sometimes says they are not compatible but they will work.

Thanks for this for the Onda v701, iiDiabolusZz!

I come from the other post ( *ALL* Onda Flash Firmware Walk-Through ) and I see that "root" and "Google Apps" is needed to be installed is the other rom. As you say, I think that isn't needed in the "Onda v701 ICS 4.0.3" rom, isn't it?

Let's see if Onda lauchs for us the 4.1 rom, according to they that says that the v701 is fully updateable:

Onda Tablet:
Onda V701 Dual Core support Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update.

Let's pray! :D