Genuine Onda Firmware Pre-Rooted with SU and Google apps - iiDiablousZz

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Looking around the OEM firmware I've found that there are 2 zips that need to be flashed: update.zip and patch.zip

If I flash only update.zip from the OEM I'm in the same situation of flashing your(no root, no market, no google apps, ecc.), if I flash both the tablet works fine (of course with all the chinese apps and not rooted).

root_inside only adds superuser and root explorer and superuser but doesn't root the firmware for me.

I've not tried to flash your update.zip and the original patch.zip

Hope it will help

I have just uploaded the 811 file which contains all the required files from both update and patch, i have re-written the loader script so give it a go.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Thanks for this for the Onda v701, iiDiabolusZz!

I come from the other post ( *ALL* Onda Flash Firmware Walk-Through ) and I see that "root" and "Google Apps" is needed to be installed is the other rom. As you say, I think that isn't needed in the "Onda v701 ICS 4.0.3" rom, isn't it?

Let's see if Onda lauchs for us the 4.1 rom, according to they that says that the v701 is fully updateable:

Let's pray! :D

Thanks, to be honest the word on jelly bean v701 is they are on route, but i hope they take there time as there rushing it out on all the others and loads of mistakes so far, at-least ICS is stable and for what you gain is it worth the upgrade?

robt319

Nov 30, 2012
I upgraded my v811 to 4.1 using your files, thank you. However, I have lost google maps and I cannot instal it or chrome. What does "side load" mean and how do I get maps back?

thanks

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I upgraded my v811 to 4.1 using your files, thank you. However, I have lost google maps and I cannot instal it or chrome. What does "side load" mean and how do I get maps back?

thanks

I have put Maps below just put it on sdcard and using root explorer, root it with other apps, chrome needs certain permissions, i am working on this today and will upload new links if you want to wait.

Map.zip - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

fabiop

Nov 30, 2012
Hi iiDiabolusZz,

I downloaded the file, updated my device (v701), it worked like a charm! Everything working ok (rooted, Google Play, Gmail, Drive, etc).

Thank you!

sionsimon

Nov 29, 2012
Hi I have just tried the latest Firmware from your links (I have an Onda V712 V2) and the Play store still does not work. When I first click on the Play store it says it is changing and asks me to accept, then when it loads and I try to install anything it just stays downloading (the program I was trying to download is only 216kb) any ideas?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi I have just tried the latest Firmware from your links (I have an Onda V712 V2) and the Play store still does not work. When I first click on the Play store it says it is changing and asks me to accept, then when it loads and I try to install anything it just stays downloading (the program I was trying to download is only 216kb) any ideas?

Right just read your other post, so your rooted try installing a differnet version playstore download this

http://www.mediafire.com/?joehh78pg7tji7p

Then follow this -

open Gapps.zip, inside is a folder called Gapps copy this to your sdcard, once done goto Root Explorerand grant SuperUser permissions, now in Root Explorer go down to sdcard and press then go down to external sdcard and press now open the Gapps folder you will see a list of apps. In the top right of screen is menu button press and select Multi-Select and then press select all and then copy, now press the back arrow (bottom left) 3 times and then go down to system and press now press app, you can now press paste, wait for it to finish and then switch tablet off and restart, your PlayStore etc will now be working and you can remove the file from sdcard.

Let me know how you get on.

Last edited: