Genuine Onda Firmware Pre-Rooted with SU and Google apps - iiDiablousZz

sionsimon

Nov 29, 2012
Hi I have fixed the problem... It was the DNS settings in my Draytek router, I changed these to use the google DNS servers and I can now download the apps. I am very surprised about this as the Draytek has worked amazingly for a number of years without any problem. I am not too sure why this is a problem as I have been using Microsoft based systems for 20 years without any problems and this is the first try of a different OS. Many thanks for all your help.

sionsimon

Nov 29, 2012
Thinking about it my sister has an Android mobile phone and that works fine with the old DNS settings. Is the Play Store different for tablets than mobile phones?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Thinking about it my sister has an Android mobile phone and that works fine with the old DNS settings. Is the Play Store different for tablets than mobile phones?

No, android is coded the same on all platforms, its basically a java/linux mix, glad you got it working tho'

Last edited:

HarryTabsAlot

Nov 30, 2012
The error found after using v711 to update from ics pre installed is status 7 and etc. but after I installed with onda.cn 2.0. then flashed yours "again" the error is with set_perm and data wiping and not status 7. I really want to update to yours bro. I don't like the laggy chinese interface. Could you maybe give a guide to manually change the onda.cn 2.0 to become more like the one you provided to download?

HarryTabsAlot

Nov 30, 2012
I can't even boot anymore because jb makes the home button not do anything, so I can't wipe my cache and it keeps booting recovery jumping straight to the options screen instead of the data being installed from my micro sd card. any help to wipe cache without home button?

Edit : used the aml file and now it works, but I still can't install "your" update.zip

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I can't even boot anymore because jb makes the home button not do anything, so I can't wipe my cache and it keeps booting recovery jumping straight to the options screen instead of the data being installed from my micro sd card. any help to wipe cache without home button?

Edit : used the aml file and now it works, but I still can't install "your" update.zip

Hi, can you tell me what set_perm is showing up, thanks.

HarryTabsAlot

Nov 30, 2012
I did some more thorough research and I have discovered 2 things

1. You should state that bootloader should be unlocked first, I am not sure if that is the issue though.

2. I have gathered kind of a "Ground 0" or "Back to the ol' drawing board" rom to flash in case all goes wrong. I just used your aml and onda.cn's firmware as the baseline.

A response would be nice soon until I can learn the Android SDK and do this myself.

EDIT: I see your response and I appreciate it. However, I kind of started at the baseline and I am too lazy to recreate the error. It is the same error as the first picture error post by another guy on page 1 of this thread.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I did some more thorough research and I have discovered 2 things

1. You should state that bootloader should be unlocked first, I am not sure if that is the issue though.

2. I have gathered kind of a "Ground 0" or "Back to the ol' drawing board" rom to flash in case all goes wrong. I just used your aml and onda.cn's firmware as the baseline.

A response would be nice soon until I can learn the Android SDK and do this myself.

EDIT: I see your response and I appreciate it. However, I kind of started at the baseline and I am too lazy to recreate the error. It is the same error as the first picture error post by another guy on page 1 of this thread.

Hi, the first thing the bootloader does is check for the .aml file so does not require unlocking, as for returning to "Ground 0" all genuine firmware from onda will do this without the need for the .aml file, we only use this to do away with the need to run the usb software flash, i need to no which set_perm is causing the problem so i can re-write the install script, if any one could let me know that would be great.

WCK

Dec 1, 2012
Hi,
I am new to the Android OS and not sure of what I am doing. Just bought an ONDA V811 and so for it seems to be a good first tablet to learn on. Since I do not know Chinese, I found this forum while I was looking for a way to delete the Chinese apps. You guys seem to have the information I am looking for. A couple of questions on the instructions for installing the V811 upgrade, it says to put the update.zip file on the SD card along with the .aml file. Do I unzip the update.zip file first, or just put the zipped file on the card. Second question, what happens if I make a mistake or there is a problem in the process? Can I get back to the original, or is the tablet toast?

Thanks for the help, and I am sure I will need more!

gigionne

Dec 1, 2012
Hi There! First of all Thanks for all the the Help iiDiabolusZz...

I'm trying to install the update for the V811.

When it finishes I can use it normally but there are some troubles.

It's not rooted. Installs root explorer and SU but it's not rooted.
When it's still in the recovery mode I get the following message:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
set_perm: Some changes failed
Installation aborted.
Formatting / Data...
Data wipe failed
Formatting / Media
Media wipe failed.

Jesp

Dec 1, 2012
This is my first post in this forum, so hello to all members.

I have received the Onda V811 with firm ver. 1.5.5 and I'm trying to update it with the "Genuine Onda Firmware Pre-Rooted with SU and Google apps - iiDiablousZz". I have the same problem as lsk, the same screen appears when updating. I'm just downloading the original 2.0 firm.

lsk, did you intall the original 2.0 firm and then reflash with iiDiabolusZz?

Does the original firmware need to be flashed using a PC or is it flashed just placing the update.zip in the SD and rebooting??

Thanks!!!

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
This is my first post in this forum, so hello to all members.

I have received the Onda V811 with firm ver. 1.5.5 and I'm trying to update it with the "Genuine Onda Firmware Pre-Rooted with SU and Google apps - iiDiablousZz". I have the same problem as lsk, the same screen appears when updating. I'm just downloading the original 2.0 firm.

lsk, did you intall the original 2.0 firm and then reflash with iiDiabolusZz?

Does the original firmware need to be flashed using a PC or is it flashed just placing the update.zip in the SD and rebooting??

Thanks!!!

I am uploading a self loading root and google app package to use with your firmware watch for new thread.