Genuine Onda Firmware Pre-Rooted with SU and Google apps - iiDiablousZz

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi There! First of all Thanks for all the the Help iiDiabolusZz...

I'm trying to install the update for the V811.

When it finishes I can use it normally but there are some troubles.

It's not rooted. Installs root explorer and SU but it's not rooted.
When it's still in the recovery mode I get the following message:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
set_perm: Some changes failed
Installation aborted.
Formatting / Data...
Data wipe failed
Formatting / Media
Media wipe failed.

I am just finishing a auto root + apps package i will post thread soon.

pescadorsp

Dec 1, 2012
Something that I translated and may be useful for people having problems with media wipe. It happens when upgrading from Android 4.0.3 to 4.1.1.

It is normal that the first attempt to update the SW to the v2.0 (Android 4.1.1) will fail. (it did with me).
Here is the trick: once the tablet reboots, press the home key, ans use a paper clip to press the reset. Keep home key pressed until the update starts again. This time it will finish.

Here is the part that explains it in plain Chinese from the SW update instructions from Onda site. Step 6 has the reset trick (thanks google translator!):

3. 平板电脑正常关机,然后插入TF卡;
4. 按住主页键(按键上有个小房子图标)不要松手,再按开机键开机。开机以后请松开开机键,但主页键不能松开。屏幕上出现下图界面时,请再松开主页键,升级进度条开始走动。

5. 升级完成以后平板电脑会自动重启。
6. 第一次自动重启开机会卡在开机ONDA LOGO画面死机。此时再长按住主页键(按键上有个小房子图标)不要松手,并捅复位孔对机器进行复位,然后再长按开机键系统将重新启动并进入升级界面。
7. 再次升级完成以后平板电脑会自动重启进入桌面,完成全部升级操作。

After you have your tablet updated to 4.1.1 with official firmware, I guess that you won't face these media wipe problems.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Something that I translated and may be useful for people having problems with media wipe. It happens when upgrading from Android 4.0.3 to 4.1.1.

It is normal that the first attempt to update the SW to the v2.0 (Android 4.1.1) will fail. (it did with me).
Here is the trick: once the tablet reboots, press the home key, ans use a paper clip to press the reset. Keep home key pressed until the update starts again. This time it will finish.

Here is the part that explains it in plain Chinese from the SW update instructions from Onda site. Step 6 has the reset trick (thanks google translator!):

3. 平板电脑正常关机,然后插入TF卡;
4. 按住主页键(按键上有个小房子图标)不要松手,再按开机键开机。开机以后请松开开机键,但主页键不能松开。屏幕上出现下图界面时,请再松开主页键,升级进度条开始走动。

5. 升级完成以后平板电脑会自动重启。
6. 第一次自动重启开机会卡在开机ONDA LOGO画面死机。此时再长按住主页键(按键上有个小房子图标)不要松手,并捅复位孔对机器进行复位,然后再长按开机键系统将重新启动并进入升级界面。
7. 再次升级完成以后平板电脑会自动重启进入桌面,完成全部升级操作。

After you have your tablet updated to 4.1.1 with official firmware, I guess that you won't face these media wipe problems.

If your using the file from above The Media wipe "problem" is with the attempt to root, it fails to wipe data as the root failed and that data is your back up if things go wrong, if your updating using ondas firmware you do it through usb.

Trefayne

Feb 13, 2012
Hi. I am new here also. I also bought an Onda v701 tablet, messed up with chinese programs, was a bit clumzy. Though Wifi could see networks, connecting to any was unavailable. I tried to update my tablet with your firmware version of this topic. Everything is almost fine, only wifi is the same, cannot connect to any network. What should I do now?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012

Trefayne

Feb 13, 2012
Well, I tried it but nothing changed with internet. So I must think over everything. Maybe the problem is in me or the tablet.
My wifi network is secured by WPA2 and with a 58-character-long password. Could password be too long for wifi to connect?
Or Is the wlan hardware misworking?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Well, I tried it but nothing changed with internet. So I must think over everything. Maybe the problem is in me or the tablet.
My wifi network is secured by WPA2 and with a 58-character-long password. Could password be too long for wifi to connect?
Or Is the wlan hardware misworking?

Not sure you could try changing password. If its finding networks its working so could be the password.

gigionne

Dec 1, 2012
Ok. I could do it by using the:

update file form original package.
factory_update_param.aml from JB-BBox
patch from JB-NScript
Just chrome and Gtalk didn't work.

rooted, internet working.

with the factory_update_param.aml from JB-NScript the wi-fi network wouldn't authenticate.
Good luck guys.
Thank you again iiDiabolusZz.

HarryTabsAlot

Nov 30, 2012
Once again, I've done a CRAP TON MORE RESEARCH and also noticed that you updated your posts too. So what I've learned is that I can port roms, but idk what rom to port and if I can use CM10 to port, but I can't find any roms with amlogic 8726 mx core since I'm on v711 and I can't even root so no TWRP = no progress, so I am heavily relying on you and the internet. I would really like some tips on porting to v711 or at least rooting jelly bean stock from onda.cn web. I am too scared to flash your new threads roots because another v711 user didn't have any success either. Chat me up sometime. A distress onda user.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Once again, I've done a CRAP TON MORE RESEARCH and also noticed that you updated your posts too. So what I've learned is that I can port roms, but idk what rom to port and if I can use CM10 to port, but I can't find any roms with amlogic 8726 mx core since I'm on v711 and I can't even root so no TWRP = no progress, so I am heavily relying on you and the internet. I would really like some tips on porting to v711 or at least rooting jelly bean stock from onda.cn web. I am too scared to flash your new threads roots because another v711 user didn't have any success either. Chat me up sometime. A distress onda user.

Just managed to root JB so i will have a guide on using onda firmware + root + gapps on soon.

Dec 3, 2012
Thanks for the guide.

I have restarted and let the two files on the sd card do their thing, but I can't change my setting back to English because I keep getting a message in Chinese popping up, which closes out of the settings menu when I dismiss it. I can't get to the language settings before it pops up. What should I do?

http://oi50.tinypic.com/34y7884.jpg

edit- Between a stranger's assistance and a chinese character recognition site, I've gotten something like very hold ###, "Google ### ### input method" self stop ### ### do/go/ok. Exact(confirm?).

It comes up on a short timer over and over, and closes everything to the main page when dismissed (with "Exact").

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Thanks for the guide.

I have restarted and let the two files on the sd card do their thing, but I can't change my setting back to English because I keep getting a message in Chinese popping up, which closes out of the settings menu when I dismiss it. I can't get to the language settings before it pops up. What should I do?

http://oi50.tinypic.com/34y7884.jpg

edit- Between a stranger's assistance and a chinese character recognition site, I've gotten something like very hold ###, "Google ### ### input method" self stop ### ### do/go/ok. Exact(confirm?).

It comes up on a short timer over and over, and closes everything to the main page when dismissed (with "Exact").

It sounds like it telling you to install "com.google.android.inputmethod.pinyin_403232.apk" using root explorer goto system apps and press on "com.google.android.inputmethod.pinyin_403232.apk" until menu pops up and choose to delete.
If thats no good follow the guide below

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...all-google-play-any-onda-tablet-firmware.html

Dec 3, 2012
using root explorer goto system apps and press on "com.google.android.inputmethod.pinyin_403232.apk" until menu pops up and choose to delete.

That's not possible at all, because I can't do anything, because that message pops up and dismissing it closes any menus open.

From the original post, it looked like this was supposed to be easy. >.<

I guess I'll try the other directions you linked. By any chance is there a way to dump the Chinese bloatware and clean up hosts file and any tracking software without rooting?