Genuine Onda Firmware Pre-Rooted with SU and Google apps - iiDiablousZz

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
That's not possible at all, because I can't do anything, because that message pops up and dismissing it closes any menus open.

From the original post, it looked like this was supposed to be easy. >.<

I guess I'll try the other directions you linked. By any chance is there a way to dump the Chinese bloatware and clean up hosts file and any tracking software without rooting?

Hi, you will be using the ICS section of the link i gave you, so once its done there will be no chinese apps etc.. you will also have root explorer so you can go through the system files and delete any you belive may be tracking, as far a i can see once the chinese software/apps is removed its clean, its not just the apps my software removes.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
So my 701 should be here tommorow which guide will I need to follow to have it rooted and have the google app store on there? The one in this thread or the other thread(http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...all-google-play-any-onda-tablet-firmware.html) ? Also is there anything I should make sure I don't do when I get my tablet like let it update the firmware or anything like that?

The other thread is easier and SU is latest, so i would go for that one, when you get it the only thing you should do is get used to setting the language as after you flash it, it starts in chinese (some arrive in chinese) just get used to the settings symbol (box with sliders) and language (white box black "A") any problems just ask.

casper75

Dec 5, 2012
Hi new to all this and a complete waste of time when it comes to anything other than the basics..just bought a onda v712..looks the job ..couldnt get google play or explorer to work
downloaded filesand follwed your instructions above and all looked great googe play and expolerer working great downloading apps to my hearts content.
the only problem i seem to have now is that when using the tablet for maybe 15-20 mins the touchscreen seems to go out of wack as in for example to unlock screen im touching nearly ten millimeteres away from lock icon and everthing seems of by this much..tried resets and all that no help left tablet alone for a while 15-20 mins and low and behold its working again...this has happened every time ive used the tab since.
can anyone tell me if ive missed something in the downloads or does it sound like some other issue with the tablet..dont want to have to post back to china any ideas greatly appreciated

Trefayne

Feb 13, 2012
Not sure you could try changing password. If its finding networks its working so could be the password.

Thank you for your help. I missed that my network is protected by MAC Filtering, silly me. So I setted up the MAC and changed the password (for a shorter one), and now I have internet on my tablet! :)
One piece of help is all I need now: there are some programs installed by me (e.g. Superuser, Startup Manager) which sometimes crash "unexpectedly". Reinstalling them did not helped. So can you help me in how to find out the causes and how to solve them?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Thank you for your help. I missed that my network is protected by MAC Filtering, silly me. So I setted up the MAC and changed the password (for a shorter one), and now I have internet on my tablet! :)
One piece of help is all I need now: there are some programs installed by me (e.g. Superuser, Startup Manager) which sometimes crash "unexpectedly". Reinstalling them did not helped. So can you help me in how to find out the causes and how to solve them?

How did you install SU? if you just installed from a .apk using sdcard then it wont have any permissions set in the system, it needs to be rooted, try the new thread i just put on - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/onda-tablet-forum/51122-any-firmware-root-only.html

zeh_toigo

Jun 8, 2013
Ok, I've installed the update.zip from the official update package, now it boots but it has root explorer and superuser installed, no root (i think) and no play store. (but it has google maps, gmail and calendar)
What should I do? Reflash it with your package (when it's back again) or just edit the factory_update_param.aml by myself and try to reflash the one you put online early? or just install a play store from an APK and live happily this way?
Now I have the messy recover console that wants volume buttons.

I have same problem!
I tried to explain to the manufacturer that package them with this error but they did not understand!