Getting Calendar and Contacts to work (8024)

vetteman72

Jun 14, 2011
Has anyone successfully been able to get Google contacts and Calendar working? I have market working, gmail working, but the calendar sync options are no where to be found. I'm using the 8024... thanks!

vetteman72

Jun 14, 2011
So I thought I had searched for this information already before posting my initial question, but I found another posting about this and now I've got it going! Here's what I did: (All the following apps, I did a google search for to download them)

Install z4root, (I did a temp root, not permanent but probably doesn't matter either way)
Install rootexplorer
Using rootexplorer, copy googlecalendarsyncadapter.apk and googlecontactssyncadapter.apk to \system\app diretory. Note; you can't use a regular file explorer to copy them otherwise the file permissions won't copy over properly.
Power down, then power back up.

Now, when I first did the above steps, I went into my account settings and only the contact sync option showed up, not the calendar. So I figured maybe it was a version issue. So then I copied the googlecalendarsyncadapter.apk file from my Samsung galaxy phone over to my 8024 sdcard, then again moved it to the system/app folder using root explorer. I powered off/on again, and voila! Both working great!

Hopefully this info helps out some others.

tfurrows

Jun 15, 2011
Install z4root, (I did a temp root, not permanent but probably doesn't matter either way)

So, z4root worked for you on the MID8024? What version of z4root, and where did you get it from? I was just trying with z4root 1.3.0 from an xda thread, and it reboots or freezes my 8024 every time after "aquiring root shell."

Details on my tablet:

Coby Kyros MID8024-4G
Android 2.2
Kernel 2.6.32.9 #1563
Build 2.2 FRF91 20110412.140238

emvbase

Jan 24, 2011
Vetteman, can you put the apk's on 4shared or another service?
I tried to use some contact and calendar sync adapter and both of them don't work.

Please!

So I thought I had searched for this information already before posting my initial question, but I found another posting about this and now I've got it going! Here's what I did: (All the following apps, I did a google search for to download them)

Install rootexplorer
Using rootexplorer, copy googlecalendarsyncadapter.apk and googlecontactssyncadapter.apk to \system\app diretory. Note; you can't use a regular file explorer to copy them otherwise the file permissions won't copy over properly.
Power down, then power back up.

Now, when I first did the above steps, I went into my account settings and only the contact sync option showed up, not the calendar. So I figured maybe it was a version issue. So then I copied the googlecalendarsyncadapter.apk file from my Samsung galaxy phone over to my 8024 sdcard, then again moved it to the system/app folder using root explorer. I powered off/on again, and voila! Both working great!

Hopefully this info helps out some others.