Getting information

dyal

Sep 13, 2011
Hi folks, I recently purchased the Gateway A60 which has been called a rebranded Iconia, however while Iconia users are getting the 3.2 update I'm still stuck at 3.0 I've been unable to find any information from the Gateway site regarding any future of the tablet, or in most cases find information
on it at all. Does anyone have any information where I might learn what, if anything I can expect for my tablet? I can't even submit a question on there support site as, while my product is recognized as the A60, there are no question "categories" for me to choose from, which is required to submit the question.

Any direction any others may have come across regarding Gateway and their plans or direction for their tablet would be appreciated.

Sent from my TPA60W using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Was there a question in there Dyal? :p

But yeah, it looks pretty close
Gateway TP Series A60 tablet pops up at Future Shop, cops Iconia Tab A500's style -- Engadget

Gateway A60 10.1″ 16GB Honeycomb Tab available for $399 | Android Community

$Gateway-A60.jpg

Looks like they made the Microphone hole more pronounced... Both front and back mics.

dyal

Sep 13, 2011
heh, sorry, inadvertently hit submit prematurely, question is updated above.

allchooedup

Jan 22, 2012
i am having the same problem. Late to get this tablet, i know, but the system wants to update to version 4.0 which is apprently not compatible for this tablet. anyone know how to find and install honeycomb 3.2 on this Gateway tablet? I downloaded the kernel source code from the gateway suppourt website, unzipped it but am unsure of what to do with it after. ANyone care to help a newbie? haha thanks!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
but the system wants to update to version 4.0

Exactly what do you mean by that?

Is an Over The Air update trying to install and failing?

The source code will not do you any good, unless you have the full Andorid SDK installed and are experienced in compiling kernels.

allchooedup

Jan 22, 2012
Yes. An over the air update is trying but failing. Like I said before I am new at this. I believe the most recent update, from what I have read, for this tablet is honeycomb 3.2 while I am still stuck at 3.0