Getting ready to buy

dymensia3d

Feb 28, 2011
Greets everyone.

I'm getting ready to buy first tablet and have been researching and reading everything for 3 weeks or so and have narrowed it down to Elocity A7. Since this is been out, is everyone generally happy with it ? I have read about other tablets being bricked. Does that happen with this one ? I am tech savvy ( even though I do not have a tablet ). Been using Linux & pcs and pdas for years and modding them etc... I will want to do the same with tablet after using it as is for awhile. 300 US is my budget. Is it the best generally with the most specs for that price ?

Thankzx...

John Thorpe
Lake Mary, FL USA
( just N of Orlando )

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
I had a Shenzhen, China 7" tablet A8 Cortex Freescale 2.2/with 4gb.& 512 ram, it ,self destructed in one day, I sent back , Got taken by Charlie Chan's Cousin( Bernard} in Futian,District at *************** No refund /no replacement!
But that was a well deserved lesson , Cheap sh^T ,& terrible support.

But on the Bright side I bought the Elocity A7 a month ago, and I rate it a ten! great video 1080p, fast processors, Tegra 250, 1mgz. , nice screen angles, Battery last me 4-5 hrs. on wi fi, Just got a Mifi Verizon Hot spot ($50 on Ebay)to use with it at $35.00 month to month, broadband , no contract! I am putting away my modem and router in a time capsule in the back yard, now I can get internet anywhere I go! plus have free wifi anywhere else I find it . Mifi Hot spot handles 5 wi fi devices.
When you get your A7 update it at Elocitynow.com support download page , to 2.0133 Feb 24th, Makes it much better!

Last edited:

jyams

Feb 20, 2011
At CES several months ago there was a YouTube video of an Elocity female sales rep indicating that after the A10 comes out, the A7 would get a higher resolution true multi touch screen and hinted that it will be fitted with Android 3.0. Look for that to happen this summer? Perhaps it will have more memory, etc. TigerDirect now has all versions of the A10 available for pre-order. The A10 looks like a nice piece of equipment with lots of great features, including a SIM card slot, front camera, etc. We'll see if it can compete with the Zoom. Looks like it can. Even though it is coming out with Android 2.2 Froyo, it's future is with 3.0 HoneyComb, me thinks. I believe I've seen in posts or even on the YouTube review that it will definitely have a 3.0 update from Elocity. Will be watching with interest.

Seems to me that this summer will be a good time to buy any tablet. The competition for 3.0 devices built for 3.0 (dual processors, memory, features, etc) should be good and 3.0 should be hitting its stride by then. Can't wait for it to be ready for my NookColor via ROM load!

Elocity A10 64gb via TigerDirect
E610-0006-v02-ec.jpg

eLocity A10.64 Internet Tablet - 64GB
The eLocity A10.64 Internet Tablet will open up a new world of web browsing and experiencing multimedia on its 10" Capacitive Backlit True Multi-Touch Screen that comes to life at the tips of your fingers. Powered by 512 MB On-Board Memory, DDR2 667 MHz, the eLocity A10.64 Internet Tablet also brings 64 GB of storage, which is plenty for all of the media you want on-the-go. All of this bundled with USB, Micro SD, SIM Card, HDMI, and 3.5mm Headphone Ports, make the eLocity A10.64 Internet Tablet an irresistable companion for any schedule.

What It Is and Why You Need It:

10" Capacitive Backlit True Multi-Touch Screen
Android Connected Internet Tablet
64 GB of Storage
WLAN – 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth® 2.1

Last edited:

dymensia3d

Feb 28, 2011
Roger that :)
Mine came in today. I left work to intercept it so it wouldn't be left on my door step :(
Got it, brought it back to work. Left it on like it said until it went dead. Played with it
and loaded alot of stuff from a microsd and it still charging. Let the weekend begin :)
Thankzx...
jt

MrGadget

Apr 14, 2011
Well I ordered a elocity a7 today, should get it next week sometime. I hope I like it. I hate buying sight unseen.
I have a synet7.. nice looking right size for me. PROBLEM is the wifi went nuts making it almost useless. I did get some apps loaded and a couple games, solitaire and ANGRY BIRDS, cute game. before it went wfifi-AWOL. I know my wifi system is working fine, my iTouch adn netbook work fine. The problems is in the synet tablet.

MrGadget

tinyang

Apr 25, 2011
I just got an A7, and I love it!! It has a couple quirks such as it cannot charge via USB and not much accessories yet, but it had everything else I wanted so for the $279 I spent for it, it was well worth it! I've had it for a week now and after updating the firmware, I'm really diggin' this tablet!!