Getting ready to optimize NC

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes, read the threads until you understand the process, they are great. You should make a back up which you can't do until you Flash CWR. Now here comes the tricky part... CWR and autonooter 3 don't always play nice together so you may get stuck in a boot loop after flashing CWR and trying to back up before getting to custom ROMs and overclocking. While this is not ideal, you can recover from it so don't panic. Make sure you ask is you aren't clear about things and you may want to read the thread about removing and recovering from CWR just in case you do have AN3/CWR issues.

:)

thedamon

Feb 18, 2011
I will investigate CWR before I dive in.

The only problem now with my rooted NC is YouTube. When I click on the app, the screen flashes (like it is going to load) then returns to home page or app page. I can use YouTube through internet. Does anyone know a fix? I think I remember reading about it, but I can't find it now. If my fading, aged memory is correct, I think I have to log out then log back in or something. Please don't tell me I have to reroot, lol.

And thank you all for your advice so far. This is one of the kindest, most helpful forums I have been on.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
^ What youtube apps version are you using?

You can go to Nook Color Tools > Settings > Application manager (filter all) > Youtube: wipe cache

Last edited:

thedamon

Feb 18, 2011
I can't find nook color tools. I can't find application manager. In fact, I can't find a way to delete apps (other than uninstall from Market). I think I might be missing something.

After installing autorooter 3, I used J5150P's Suggestions of First Things To Do After Rooting. I installed Zeam, Home Manager, Home Switcher, AppBrain Market, FastWeb Installer, Dolphin Browser HD, Titanium Backup, and followed his advice on set up.

BTW YouTube was loaded in autorooter 3.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I can't find nook color tools. I can't find application manager. In fact, I can't find a way to delete apps (other than uninstall from Market). I think I might be missing something.

After installing autorooter 3, I used J5150P's Suggestions of First Things To Do After Rooting. I installed Zeam, Home Manager, Home Switcher, AppBrain Market, FastWeb Installer, Dolphin Browser HD, Titanium Backup, and followed his advice on set up.

BTW YouTube was loaded in autorooter 3.

:) Then let me give a little more advice. You can find Nook Tools in the apps list (the little grid icon on the launcher bar will take you to apps). To clear your youtube cache (this will need to be done if you log in to your youtube account through the app) open Titanium Backup app click the second tab at the top, scroll down to youtube, tap it and then choose clear cache ("wipe data").

The next time you launch youtube it should work fine until you sign in again. If it fails to launch after logging in then you need to repeat the steps above. This is a known youtube bug that can be fixed by clearing the cache.

Please ask if you have more questions.

Last edited: