Getting started customizing my Archos 7o

wolfhound89

May 7, 2011
I have started to do my research for customizing my Archos 7o. The one thing that I am relativity certain about is that the first thing I need to do is get the full apps market installed. It appears that there are numerous ways to accomplish this.

I am still looking into getting MLB.TV, Netflix, and Slingbox and if they will work on my hardware / software combination.

I have also been given a DVD full of what I think is homebrew type apps for the android. Where would I put these .APK files?

Thank you for your help with these issues.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
You can sideload those apps, The problem and danger is that you may be violating licensing of the apps. Side loading is placing the apk files on a USB stick and loading the apps using the application manager or just clicking on them.
Some of the apps have to have Google or Amazon or AppsLib market for them to work.
The most important element is to get Flash and Market installed for those apps. There are apps which allow you to install Google Market. AppsLib only has Flash 10.1 The latest version is 10.3 I found 10.2 very stable.
Do a search or read the threads, and you will find the details about installing Market and the "Market Fix"

wolfhound89

May 7, 2011
I was able to to get the Market Fix installed however, there are a couple of apps that I can see on my HTC hero but still on my Archos. I was thinking about clearing my cache to see if that helped at all. I also was able to download Dolphin and it came with flash.

I found a file that claims to get Netflix streaming working. Have you tried this yet?

Thank you.