Getting the most from 2.2

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Just thought we should start a thread about how to make the most use of froyo.

So far I have discovered a few things.
1. Wifi tether is now standard and supports wpa2.
2. Most apps can be moved to sd as standard. For those that don't I move them to /system/app manually using terminal emulator.
3. Firefox is in market and works well. Supports flash most of the time.
4. Camera swap is an option in settings.

Anything else?

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
A couple more tips.

1.Eris Market Fix will make any 2.2 or prior apps that you can not see in the market show up.
2.Battery tweaks (some people have said they have awful battery life and mine has been amazing)
a-If you don't have cell service in Wireless Settings - under Mobile networks turn off the data. Also if you have Dazzle or something like that use it to turn the radio off.
b-There seems to be a glitch with the auto brightness and it keeps the display as bright as possible. Turn off auto brightness and if you can lower it in to the 30's.
c-GPS is turned on by default so under Locations & Security settings turn off Use GPS and turn on use Wireless Networks (this will use you radio or Wifi. If you need GPS then turn on the GPS when you need it.
3.Mark sure to install flash player since it does not come installed by default, once you have this the browser works great playing flash video's.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I still use link2sd with 2.2 which now (ver 1.6) allows you to move not only the app and Dalvik Cache files but the library files as well to sd. Even when Froyo moves apps to the sd I move them back and link with link2sd. Recovers quite a bit of space in internal app storage which I find I need when installing very large apps.

Tom

Arachnoid

Apr 27, 2011
I would like to change the "tab names" (Home, Web, Entertainment, Communications, Favorites) at the bottom of the screen. Are these in a .cfg file somewhere? And how about the background photo, can that be swapped? I am running the Indonesian 2.2.2.