black02em2

Jan 15, 2012
I agree! Can't wait

Also. The rooted by default is a very nice touch

Sent from my LePanII using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Some Fresh News for the Gingerbread Beta - cas_xp added a note on the release post. The Sound not working problem is fixed.

He's got a sound driver file that needs to be copied to the proper directory; after a reboot, it should work. His post :

[Update] Feb 10. 2012
Audio is working now, you can download the attached file and extract it.
c:\>adb shell
#mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
#exit
c:\>adb push alsa.omap3.so /system/lib/hw

c:\>adb shell reboot

He's describing commands via ADB to install it. I wonder if some simpler way might be possible, if people don't have ADB running yet on their computers.

The driver file is alsa.omap3.so.zip - attached here too. ;)

Download Sound driver here ----> View attachment $alsa.omap3.so.zip

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Thanks God it's Friday, a busy day on a busy week.

Got home, dying to try out loading the driver for sound on Gingerbread.

Followed cas_xp's detailed instructions posted above - it's just a few commands you type on a command line. WorkeD!! Woot, I can again go check SassiBob and the other cool videos on the XDA Dev YouTube channel. Yes! :p

A tip for anyone who has rooted their TC970 Le Pan 11 using DerKoch's modified SuperOneClick :

- if you did install it, it includes the windows drivers to get your device recognized as an Android Device. That's half the battle.

- if you installed it, and did not remove it, even better. You will find an ADB directory under the install folder of SuperOne Click.

In my case, that was d:\SuperOneClick\ADB.

- Ope a cmd window (the old days of DOS shells!), type the proper CD command to get there. If you extract the alsa.omap3.so file (from the ZIP attached above) into this ADB directory, you just type in the exact same commands as in cas_xp's instructions.

- the device will reboot, and sound now works.

Cas_xp, thanks a million. I did not wanted to un-install CM7, it's just too nice to give up. With sound working, I think I will keep it, just update and add fixes as they come out.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
man, I wanna play. Come on Le Pan II Root!
LOL, yes. :)

I hope it will come, John. Or else get an HP Touchpad, there's CyanogenMod 7 (Gingerbread) and 9 (ICS Android 4) for it. With the current shortage of Le Pan IIs, you shpuld be able to sell yours for new, store price easily. :p

My Touchpad arrived yesterday, can't wait for tomorrow and having the time to do some reading and playing with it.

Rooting a Honeycomb device is proving to be a LOT harder than a froyo or gingerbread one. dbaybay is trying all kinds of things, but any root-enabling exploits found so far were specific to a certain brand and model of tablet.

Seems Google tightened things up considerably, making things more difficult.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Two new developments last night. :cool:

Besides the sound driver replacement that enables speaker sound on the Gingerbread Beta 1 release, (described in posts above and installed via ADB, command line work), there are now TWO new ways to get your sound fixed.

dbaybay
prepared two different packages that you can chose to use - both are installed via ClockWorkMod, no ADB required. He describes then in a Blog post here.

- The first one is a small update.zip style package, containing the new alsa.ompa3.so drive and a script file to install it properly. All you need to do is load this Update.zip in ClockWorkMod, and it will apply it. Reboot, sound is now working. ;)

** Direct download link : http://lepanlife.com/roms/cm7-alpha1/audio-fixer-cm7-tc970.zip

- The second option is for people who have NOT installed the Gingerbread Beta1 yet. dbaybay prepared a complete new ROM file, with the new audio driver already included. This is for new installs only, as you would lose the existing settings, programs, etc.

** Direct download link : http://lepanlife.com/roms/cm7-alpha1/update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-griffin-sign.zip

Thanks dbaybay for making it easier to get sound working on Gingerbread Beta installs. ;)

On the XDA Developers release thread, cas_xp also added a list of ToDo and their priorities :

cas_xp@XDA_devs said:
To do list:

The following feature is not working or working well, I put the priority:
1) SD mount (working, but some report not working)
2) Audio ( current status is headset is working but speaker)
3) Bluetooth and GPS
4) Sensors (G-sensor, eCompass, light etc)
5) Camera
6) Display up side down

Last edited:

spikeman

Dec 23, 2011
HEY GUYS!

I just check this thread, it pretty cool there is some non official version of Android 2.3 for the Le Pan TC 970.
To be honest with you, Im not a geek or hack or root person (if um know what I mean) So I wonder
if anybody could Post the Step by Step tutorial to install this system to the TC970 (including the Audio driver)

Thanks! ;)

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Hola, Spikeman,

To install the Beta release of Gingerbread, you would need to start by learning a bit about the ClockWorkMod tool.

It's what is used to load and write the files to your tablet's internal memory.

- I found a very good guide for it here. Would suggest you read it, try to understand and ask any questions you need here.

- You would need to use a version of ClockWorkMod (CWM for short) made for the Le Pan 1 tablets, and one is linked in the original post in this thread.

Once you have the proper CWM in your SD card, you need to boot into firmware flashing mode. This is done by pressing the Volume Down button (with the tablet off), holding it down, then pressing and holding the Power button as well.

- Hold both down for maybe 10 seconds or so; if you got it right, you will be in a special loader, a boot option to load firmware. It should load the CWM directly into memory, you will see a menu. Read on that guide what the options are, etc.

- From there, you could create a full backup of your existing system, if you want to be able to go back to Froyo/Android 2.2 version. It's probably a good idea, as this is work in progress, not finished yet.

- if you have your backup, then it offer the option of flashing a .zip file, and this is the one you would use to load and write Gingerbread system to the tablet's internal memory.

- After you finish writing it, CWM offers a Reboot option on the main menu. You use that, and your tablet should restart in Gingerbread, new user mode, you need to enter an email, etc.

It's a complicated process for someone who is new to it, but there's documentation, guides, you can learn how to do it if you want to.

A couple months ago, I had no idea how this could be done. ;)

Good luck! :)

** EDIT :

A new thread was created here, with a step by step install guide :
[h=2][Tutorial] CyanogenMod 7 Gingerbread - step by step installation Guide[/h]

Last edited:

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Yes - I know what's happening.

You forgot to press the $thumbs.pngThanks button on my post above, LOL.. :p

Just kidding, I know the real reason.

Try copying the same files over to the Le Pan provided, 2 GB SD card. My 16 GB Patriot does not work at all for firmware flashing - you get the cryptic 'Firmware File is Corrupted' message, with the added Red Bug picture.

Not your fault, the file is probably fine. But the Le Pan firmware install tool does not play well with all SD cards. Save that 2 GB one for firmware installs, you WILL need it. ;)

Last edited:

spikeman

Dec 23, 2011
Ha! I got a 16Gb SD card too Lol.... :D

Another question, in my SD I had the preview firmware files from the 4626 firmware...I just delete that files and try boot again but nothing, the message of File is bad appears again.

Why do you say that I have to save my SD of 2Gb? After I mess with the CyanMod...if I want to get back to preview firmware (4626) I got to save the files in that SD?

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
spikeman, if you got the 'Firmware File is Corrupted/Bad' etc message, it will not load from that card - either the stock, factory firmware or the CWM you need to install Gingerbread.

You will need to use a card that the Tablet finds OK - the Le Pan provided works for me for these operations; while my larger 16 GB card doesn't.

If you want to install Gingerbread, or later to re-install the Le Pan original firmware, you need a SD card that works; try the 2 GB one you should have got with the tablet.

You will need to save the 3 files for the Le Pan original firmware to the root directory (top-level directory) in the card, They have the exact same names as the CWM ones, so if you want to keep CWM on the card, move the three files to a folder, before copying the Le Pan ones to the SD card's root directory.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Just received some Good News - via LPL :

dbaybay said:
Updates are coming down the line for the CM7 Alpha Build, cas_xp reports that:

Bluetooth is fixed.
Upside-down Display is fixed.
G-Sensor, Compass and Light Sensors are now working, but still have issues.

Great news for your TC970'ers! Hopefully he pushes the update soon :)
Yes, I have been checking the XDA release thread daily, looking for any news. These are good ones. :)

cas_xp's quoted above is HERE

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
definitely looking forward to this.

And it's getting better by the minute. cas_xp just posted at XDA Devs, he relased the Beta2. From the original post (top of the thread) :

[Update] Feb 15. 2012

Audio playback OK

SD mount OK
Bluetooth OK
Display up-side down OK
Sensor (G-sensor, compass, light sensor) working, but not fully function with auto rotation

Download link for Beta2 is HERE.

or Download from MIRROR here.

Edit :

From dbaybay's Blog post :

UPGRADING FROM BETA 0 or 1 TO 2:

1. Reboot to ClockWorkMod.
2. Wipe Data / Cache / Dalvik-Cache.
3. Choose Update from Update.zip.
4. Navigate to the CM7 Beta on your SD Card.
5. Flash, Reboot & Enjoy!

Since Beta 2 was released today, that's what any of us already running the earlier versions will need to do. Thanks, dbaybay. :)

Last edited: