Gingerbread Android 2.3.6 Beta version for Le Pan 1 TC970 - out for testing

careckinger

Feb 24, 2012
WOW! Just joined this forum. Ran through the procedures and am now running GB... thanks for all the hard work is making this happen. Everything is running great other than the camera. The screen is much more responsive and video is great. Thanks again!

Sent from my TC970 using Android Tablet Forum

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
WOW! Just joined this forum. Ran through the procedures and am now running GB... thanks for all the hard work is making this happen. Everything is running great other than the camera. The screen is much more responsive and video is great. Thanks again!

Ah, wonderful, thanks for the feedback. I love CM7 myself too. :)

mommyby80

Feb 27, 2012
Hey there everyone. I've been reading thru this forum and I see the things we can download but I see the updates throughout the post. Not really clear on how to do this exactly. I have 2 of the Lepan TC970's and would like to do this update on them. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Hey there everyone. I've been reading thru this forum and I see the things we can download but I see the updates throughout the post. Not really clear on how to do this exactly.

Ah, cool - I have a Tutorial, Step by Step installation Guide for CyanogenMod 7 HERE - its really detailed, and has links to all the files you need. Take a look. :)

I have 2 of the Lepan TC970's and would like to do this update on them. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!

One thing you need to be aware is that this is still BETA software, there are things that don't work yet, some are buggy, and you will need to update to newer version, etc.

It's fun if you like tinkering, and the learning is eased by having a good guide; which is why I made it.

If you want to wait a bit until there's a STABLE release, that will not be changing much and should have everything working, etc.

With that said, this is still quite nice, compared to the stock Le Pan firmware. It's pretty (you have seen the pictures in the first post?), fast, has lots of controls and features that LP firmware doesn't. So, you decide.

Ask questions as needed, either me or someone else can help. I am in the CM7 for TC970 Beta Support team. ;)

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Work is ongoing in the CM7 for TC970 project.

Cas_xp has visited and posted at the LPL development forum release thread, and was able to identify some issues thanks to user reports posted in the thread.

We should have a new Beta 4 sometime, I keep an eye on the XDA Devs release thread, the official home for the project. Will update here as soon as any news are out.

PLEASE - make sure to have the newer version of ClockWorkMod for TC970 when you try to install this or any other Beta rom release.

The most current version is linked in this thread's original post, or you can get it HERE, my mirrored copy.

Some people have problems, (Assert Failed on trying to install), and the root casue is their older version of CWM.

The OLDER version has the screen UPSIDE DOWN - if you have that, update asap. That version was not intended for flashing roms.

Last edited:

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
There was one missing file from the Google Framework in Beta 3, cas_xp noticed that and replied :

cas_xp said:
That is the reason for everything in Market!! The file "com.android.maps.jar" must be put in /system/framework/

I will fix it in next release.

In the mean time, here's a fix if you want to try :

trevoroni said:
Any way to post up the file so that those that would like could push it there themselves?

Here - this is a copy of the com.android.maps.jar from cas_xp's Beta 2 release.

Not sure if there's any incompatibility, but feel free to try installing it. ;)

I stored it with the full path were it should be located (/system/framework/)

Have added it to my tablet without any issues. Enjoy. ;)

Last edited:

nomade

Feb 22, 2012
There was one missing file from the Google Framework in Beta 3, cas_xp noticed that and replied :

In the mean time, here's a fix if you want to try :

Here - this is a copy of the com.android.maps.jar from cas_xp's Beta 2 release.

Have added it to my tablet without any issues. Enjoy. ;)

Me too just added and no issues. Thanks

I don't know if any related but the File Manager was crashing recently and now it all works good again.

On the GPS note, it seem that Maps recognize my location but the "Navigation" does not, it keep waiting for GPS..

Mar 9, 2012
Hey, so I just want to say that I LOVE this beta, I've been going crazy having a tablet that thinks like a giant phone haha. Anyway, are there any plans to fix the lock screen? When I press the lock button on my tablet, it shuts the screen off like one would expect. Then when I press the button again it doesn't take me to a lock screen, it just goes to the home screen; I have it set to have a password, but it still isn't showing me a lock screen. By the way, I love the new lock animation haha

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
It's a Beta, as in 'work in progress'. ;)

Installed the very first version (then called Alpha0, I call it Beta 0 since it's way more functional than an Alpha version). Was so nice I didn't want to go back. Bit by bit things are getting done.

Be patient, young grasshopper.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Yes, it's been a couple of weeks since Beta 3 release. It came out February 24th.

According to cas's To Do List, there's Camera and GPS to do; both don't seem like too easy to handle.

I check the XDA thread for news all the time too. :p

luv2blze

Feb 11, 2012
Does any know if a high performance kernel is in the works? Would love to be able to overclock this!

Mar 16, 2012
Hi I'm new here. I just ordered this tablet and I'm wondering about the 2.3.6 update.

1. Can I install straight from beta 3? or do I have to go from 1?
2. Does the Android Market work with this? (possibly dumb question)

Thanks.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Does any know if a high performance kernel is in the works? Would love to be able to overclock this!

That would be possible, if only the manufacturer, Matsunichi, complied with their LEGAL obligation to release the kernel source (and any modifications they made or added), as required by the LGPL license.

However, Matsunichi seems to not care much about such things. They don't care about users writing and requesting the source either, so chances are slim. :(

jackmacconnel - install Beta 3, no need for the earlier versions. Make sure to also install the small 3.1 update on top of it (it improves charging the battery).

Android Market is fully supported in any CM version.