Gingerbread Android 2.3.6 Beta version for Le Pan 1 TC970 - out for testing

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
A new updated version just came out (Beta 5.1, dated May 7, 2012) with an enhanced Audio driver that can support Skype calls.

Skype required higher quality voice sampling rates, now cas_xp released this to allow Skipe to work.

Attachment is on the XDA thread - Beta5.1_Skype-sign.zip, 180 KB or so; install on top of a Beta 5, no backups are required as it's just a driver update.

[Update] May 07. 2012
Patch release for Skype voice call, see attachment.
No need to backup.

Mar 16, 2012
Hey. Is anyone else having a problem where if your listening to music, video, etc. you get a hissing static noise in quiet scenes or in the background? It happened before the 5.1 update so that's not it. It's not my headphones because they sound fine on my iPod. It's been going on for as long as I've had the tablet. Sometimes it's a distorted or high pitched sound between silence and talking such as on Netflix.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
More news on CM7 - Cas_xp made an edit to the OP at XDA release thread. A Beta 6 is imminent :

cas_xp@XDA Devs Forum said:
[Update] May 25. 2012
GPS is enabled now.
Digital compass fixed.
This version won't format data partition, so you will have all your data.
----------------------
Camcorder is still not working. But I don't want to work on this anymore.

Sorry, I just found a regression, so wait...

Notice the last line (in red), I think he had attached the Beta 6 release but pulled it out due to finding a last minute glitch. Still, fingers crossed, it should be out soon.

Thanks, cas_xp. :)

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
The Beta 6 file was released a few days ago, it's pretty small as it's only an Update.

Install it on top of a working Beta 5.1 tablet. No need to backup things as the install will not delete any files.

Get the Beta 6 File (GPS enabled and working!) HERE.

[Update] May 25. 2012
GPS is enabled now.
Digital compass fixed.
This version is a patch release. Flash Beta6_GPS-sign.zip on top of Beta5.1
----------------------
Camcorder is still not working. But I don't want to work on this anymore.

nc4thr

Jun 2, 2012
Thanks for all your work, Yann2, I'm sure you've made a lot of people happy.
If camcorder doesn't work, will Skype video call work?
I hope you or someone can work on the camcorder issue..

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Thanks for all your work, Yann2, I'm sure you've made a lot of people happy.

You are welcome, the credit for the CM7 Betas development is really due to Cas_xp, I just help by doing documentation, supporting users and spreading the good news. :)

If camcorder doesn't work, will Skype video call work?
I hope you or someone can work on the camcorder issue..
I don't think Skype video calling would work, if the camcorder is not working.

Maybe someone else can try and work in that portion of the operating system - a patch could be installed on top of existing installs if someone can make it work.

I am glad for the GPS, that's something cas_xp was not familiar with, and yet, he got it working.

Hey guys, I installed Beta 6, but GPS still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Try one of the GPS Test apps from the Play store.

luv2blze

Feb 11, 2012
I downloaded GPS test, but am not sure what I'm looking at. Help?? I have 2 navigation programs and it says waiting for signal. Did I install the update incorrectly? Yann2, is it working for you?

luv2blze

Feb 11, 2012
It seems that the updates aren't taking. My android version 5. Is there a new version of Clockworkmod that was released?

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
I downloaded GPS test, but am not sure what I'm looking at. Help?? I have 2 navigation programs and it says waiting for signal. Did I install the update incorrectly? Yann2, is it working for you?

I used 'GPS Test' from the Play Store, aka Android Market. It's simple, it's free and a quick way to see if the GPS is working without having to find some good mapping/GPS program.

You must enable 'Use GPS for Location' and 'Use Internal GPS', in the Settings Application - it's under 'Location', I believe.

It seems that the updates aren't taking. My android version 5. Is there a new version of Clockworkmod that was released?

I just replied to your post about that on the CM7 Tutorial/Install Guide; the 5.1 and 6 Betas are reslly small, and add some needed files but did not change the Version number under the 'About Tablet'.

They will be installed, if you asked CWM to do it. ;)

Good luck!

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
** Want to show Beta 6 version in the Settings, About Tablet panel, on your cool CM7 install?

Edit the /system/build.prop file, find this line (it's about the 8th line from the top of the file, easy to find):

ro.build.version.release=2.3.7 Beta 5 modded by cas_xp

And just change to :

ro.build.version.release=2.3.7 Beta 6 modded by cas_xp

** Also - for lovers of Visual Candy..... :p

I have this cool CM9 bootanimation file, it's from my Touchpad's last update. While we can't have a full ICS CM9 release on the LP1 yet, at least you CAN use the bootanimation if you like.

It's a bit big, at 6 MB; haven't tried to see how it runs on the LP1 yet.

Here's one of the frames (resized to 720 pix to fit the forum) :

^---- CLICK on the image to see full size (1024x768) original.

Interested? Get CM9 Bootanimation file HERE. ;)

Installation tips:

- file must be renamed, from 'CM9-bootanimation.zip' to simply 'bootanimation.zip'.

- file must be copied to your /system/media/ folder; reboot to see it load.

- you might want to back up your existing boot animation, simply renamed it to something like .bak (or copy it elsewhere).

Last edited:

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
And a nice bit of statistics...

I was surprised to see the number of downloads (for CM7 Beta 5) from my Mirrored copy, which I linked here in the original post. Currently, it shows :

cm7beta5download.png

616 times, and still growing; it was under 600 a couple days ago. :)

Good to see how many people are trying out this much nicer operating system for their Le Pan TC970 tablet. Cheers! :)

gilgamesh

Jun 12, 2012
Hello
I don't know if it actually works with other TC 970 tablets, but it won't work on mine.
Successfully installed then restarted, and the CM7 logo runs forever. I tried to restore the original ROM by holding vol- + power by reset, but hopeless.
Then waited 16hrs for the battery to be out ~> replugged power ~> vol- + power ~> still the CM7 boot up logo ~> tried again for a dozen times ~> still CM7 boot up logo ~> WTF
I really appreciate what you guys have done for us, but overwrite the ROM-flash boot-up combination, seriously?

Last edited: