Gingerbread to my Ideos S7 development

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
Hey, random question....have you tried the HTC ril? I tried it a while back and it got as far as telling me that i didn't have a sim inserted and spit out a lot of errors. I think that i didnt have #board uses new htcril defined maybe.

i m trying to use other IDEOS ril, it looks like that libril-qc-1.so needs something i m not throwing at it to work
well that is not on the "new" froyo kernel too so shooting at the dark here
very new to all this myself so some of it (or all lol) may be me doing it wrong

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
as of the new froyo rom that is out there and is working i will/must (lol) update this to that new kernel version and proprietary libs
so i start putting all this new files on the gingerbread cm7 version to test ;)

this will continue of course hoping huawei release the new 2.6.32-9 kernel source
my device with this froyo changed to:

$ cat /proc/mtd
dev: size erasesize name
mtd0: 00500000 00020000 "boot"
mtd1: 00500000 00020000 "recovery"
mtd2: 0fa00000 00020000 "system"
mtd3: 02100000 00020000 "cache"
mtd4: 0a000000 00020000 "userdata"
mtd5: 00200000 00020000 "logo"
mtd6: 000e0000 00020000 "splash"
mtd7: 00200000 00020000 "misc"

$ mount <-and whats mounted ...
rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock4 /tmpdata yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock2 /system yaffs2 ro,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock4 /data yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock3 /cache yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0

so i must put this new info on the vendor too

thank you for reading and happy froyo ....at least for now :D

kensikora

Apr 7, 2011
Having Froyo will at least make the wait easier. Keep up the good work, fight the good fight.

Sent from my HTC Incredible

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
Can't wait to see you get CM7 working on the S7. Will keep watching and waiting ^_^ Keep up the good work mate!

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
Will you please re-upload
the link has a 404
hi that is true the link to the update.zip of cm7 (for eclair) is not there
i did honestly removed it sorry for that!
the update will not be of any use if you try froyo, froyo change completly all partitions and you can not update to this and revert back easly even recovery does not do such a task the recovery for eclair will not work on froyo.
so for now i removed it people will need/want to try froyo and to use my test cm7 they then must downgrade to eclair then test my zip ....not a good ideia is it?
My focus now is getting a good recovery and then port the cm7 to this new partition layout thats half donne problem is huawei did put out kernel 2.6.32-9 source yet to get vmsplit to 3g thats required for cm7 to boot.

thank you for reading

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2011
hi that is true the link to the update.zip of cm7 (for eclair) is not there
i did honestly removed it sorry for that!
the update will not be of any use if you try froyo, froyo change completly all partitions and you can not update to this and revert back easly even recovery does not do such a task the recovery for eclair will not work on froyo.
so for now i removed it people will need/want to try froyo and to use my test cm7 they then must downgrade to eclair then test my zip ....not a good ideia is it?
My focus now is getting a good recovery and then port the cm7 to this new partition layout thats half donne problem is huawei did put out kernel 2.6.32-9 source yet to get vmsplit to 3g thats required for cm7 to boot.

thank you for reading

Oh i forgot about that. i am using joenilans froyo rom so i still have recovery but i would still revert to stock to try out and mess around with gingerbread.

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
thats very very odd....i must check that out cos i have 6Mbit upload
thanks for that info..

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
as an update to this port
i have to find a vmsplit=3g kernel that boots on our device thats the main requirement to cm7 and thats a problem to solve now
i m trying to compile and boot a cyanogen kernel but it stil fails to boot.
i was hopping huawei puts the kernel source on site it did not happen yet
so live goes on so do tests until this is solved happy froyo people ;)

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
as an update to this port
i have to find a vmsplit=3g kernel that boots on our device thats the main requirement to cm7 and thats a problem to solve now
i m trying to compile and boot a cyanogen kernel but it stil fails to boot.
i was hopping huawei puts the kernel source on site it did not happen yet
so live goes on so do tests until this is solved happy froyo people ;)

I wonder if it's possible to get someone from a 2.2 released country to contract them and ask for the kernel source. Would be worth a shot.

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
I wonder if it's possible to get someone from a 2.2 released country to contract them and ask for the kernel source. Would be worth a shot.

that can only be Indonesia i think anyone from there in here?

Balcora

Feb 6, 2011
Hey Razor,

I'm back home now (finally),

So should be good to do some hax for 2.3
Hopefully we can meet up in irc sometime, (obviously requiring our sleeping patterns to be somewhat close :p).

But should have good amounts of time to do this shiznick.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Send them more emails. The last thing I heard from Huawei about the Indonesian 2.2.2 GPL source was about a month ago.