Gingerbread to my Ideos S7 development

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
Where are you guys at on the GB port? Is there a working vendor tree with extract-files.sh and other necessary scripts?

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
Double poster :p

I compiled the kernel with "vmsplit_3g=y" and it won't boot. I'll look in to it more as I have a chance. There were also some problems with the battery driver. Otherwise the kernel compiles and boots just fine.

Last edited:

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
i could not compile this kernel some error about cypress120 or something

I have compiled it a number of times and have not had the cypress driver error. The only problem I had was with the battery driver. I will upload my working source to github when I get a chance. I actually have a nicely modified kernel ready for release but I am getting an error when compiling the wifi driver, hopefully I'll get that worked out in a day or 2.

Sent from my IDEOS S7

Balcora

Feb 6, 2011
Rictec: the link you were sending me was what androidtablets.net was truncating the url to :p.
I've now got the source, I'm going to try and smash this one out and get a new kernel working;
I'm also very tempted to crack open my S7 and get a serial line on it so i can find the real issues so much easier.

In fact if anyone happens to know how to get it to display the kernel messages on screen during boot (i.e. how a vanilla kernel does... by standard)
let me know; ive been trying to find it for ages.

Rictec: it may be that you've got a config option that is pulling the cypress stuff in when it isn't needed;

As for the battery issue;
Its also probably a config issue, the exact battery i2c interface is required (At least i think it was on i2c, i can't remember).

If i had one of my configs with me; i would put up the config option, but for the meantime check what the config option is on your phone in 2.1,
and then see if the same config option exists in the 2.6.32 sources.
If not; they may have fused the config option with another, or something of the sort; either that or its broken, and don't be too surprised if huawei is giving us half borked code; its happened before.

Cheers,

Cora

Balcora

Feb 6, 2011
Actually; what was i thinking; blah,

Install the 2.2 image; and pull the config from there, then we can find the deficiencies in our current one.

Especially if the config option that is used on the 2.2 image doesn't work with the sources they have for download, which would very quickly tell us... we've got broken sources.

Balcora

Feb 6, 2011
Thanks,

Also; i think i know why VMSPLIT-3G isn't working; to do with offsets etc,
Will do some testing but we'll see how it goes.
(also; the default config for the s7 is in the zip archive :p)
Need to get home to actually build the kernel and install it on my s7, but owell.

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
my job is taking a lot of my time i cant test build this not enouth spare time glad you people are on too.

i pulled my config from the /proc/config.gz so whats there thats diff?
need to test that xda site ;)

Sikyou arent you using the some indonesian version? how can the config be different? now i m lost lol

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
I pulled the config from joenilan 1.1-nor. Not sure how it is different from what you have but the kernel compiles using that config

Sent from my IDEOS S7