Gingerbread to my Ideos S7 development

notime2d8

Apr 3, 2011
I built a froyo cm6 build. I repackaged and edited the boot.img this through it into a boot loop at the ideos logo ;( but using the gingerbread boot.img i get as far as the cm boot animation. Can you tell me how you are rebuilding the boot image and the cmd line your using? How wrong is this? cmdline 'mem=211M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=qcom console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0 androidboot.console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0'

Last edited:

dethanjl

Mar 15, 2011
Just got the clockwork going, but waiting till this rom is a little better ironed out.
for the dev guys/gals:
bbs7-104, 2 cameras, 8mb internal sd, 8mb sd inserted in external slot
singapore rom, z4root, clockwork mod, adw launcher
used system app remover to get rid of emotion stuff,home(default launcher),twidroid. clocks at 998

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
I built a froyo cm6 build. I repackaged and edited the boot.img this through it into a boot loop at the ideos logo ;( but using the gingerbread boot.img i get as far as the cm boot animation. Can you tell me how you are rebuilding the boot image and the cmd line your using? How wrong is this? cmdline 'mem=211M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=qcom console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0 androidboot.console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0'

i think you need this CONFIG_PHYS_OFFSET=0x20000000 too without it it wont boot
thats on the .config file or

BOARD_KERNEL_BASE := 0x20000000
on your CM boardConfig file

hope that helped ;)

Last edited:

Cretos

Feb 6, 2011
Tried it worked... but then i tried restoring and i now come up with the error when restoring my system Sd--ext.img not found. skipping restore of /sd-ext/. now, my tablet will not start up will just bootLoop anyway to fix this?..BTW mine is the european huawei s7 104 with the duel camara.

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
Tried it worked... but then i tried restoring and i now come up with the error when restoring my system Sd--ext.img not found. skipping restore of /sd-ext/. now, my tablet will not start up will just bootLoop anyway to fix this?..BTW mine is the european huawei s7 104 with the duel camara.

try wipe and reset/factory default then restore
if it still fails format /boot and /system then restore

N56

Dec 15, 2010
Wow, seems like things are being DONE, ihave never done any kind of android customisation, i used to play around with old motorola operating systems yearsss ago lol, is there any eta on noobish guides?

Balcora

Feb 6, 2011
Update on new kernel.

It appears we might be able to do some very sexy experimentation.
2.6.37 introduced a new broadcom driver (harder better faster stronger, then the original :p).
As my development kernel is .38, This is included.
I have reached a point of building a kernel so far.
Rictec has access to my git repo.
So once this is stable, we can have a kickass new kernel with a sexy CM7 userspace.

For anyone wanting to know more on the broadcom module, its BRCM80211 (brcmfmac is the module written specificially for the 4329 chipset (i.e. exactly what runs in our tablet)).
I've been fixing some mistakes in the aurora kernel git, some of my early changes werent imported with the original git repo. so they are untracked, but all the latest changes are being done on the new git repo.

Cretos

Feb 6, 2011
try wipe and reset/factory default then restore
if it still fails format /boot and /system then restore
Uhmm when i do that it does the exact same say's sd--ext.img not found.skipping restore of /sd-ext/. and then when i restart it after the restore is done it just goes straight back to the clockworkmod anyother ideas :S??

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
Uhmm when i do that it does the exact same say's sd--ext.img not found.skipping restore of /sd-ext/. and then when i restart it after the restore is done it just goes straight back to the clockworkmod anyother ideas :S??

so the first part of that is normal mine says the same like sd-ext.img not found
the second part you must restore from a backup it looks like you never do restore and it goes to what he still has thats recovery

lemmyslender

Jan 10, 2011

If you have a micro-sd card inserted remove it before booting into recovery. If there is an micro-sd inserted it screws up the way recovery mounts the internal memory.

chan143

Dec 30, 2010
could anybody point me in the right direction to getting this 2.3 gingerbread download. so i can try to install on my device?

Last edited: