Girlfriend dismissed the 3.2 update - how to get back?

Bulldog212

Mar 13, 2012
So the GF got the update notification the other day and dismissed it because it was interrupting her gaming, go figure. Now when we check for update it is not available anymore. Any way to get it back? Did we go to "the back of the line" and it will be pushed again later? Any ideas? Thanks!

robop

Dec 6, 2010
Try going into setings and go to the update and have it look for one. Maybe that will do it

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
I remember before i have frozen the update service, it was bugging me hard to install the 1.5 update every few minutes if i dismissed it. So it sounds strange to me that this is not the case for you...

--------------------------------------
tapatalked from GalaxyS

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I remember before i have frozen the update service, it was bugging me hard to install the 1.5 update every few minutes if i dismissed it. So it sounds strange to me that this is not the case for you...

--------------------------------------
tapatalked from GalaxyS

Well that was after the fact and a small update so probably not as big of a deal to push out. Also, that update was to prevent root which Vizio thought was strongly in their interest. This update is different. It is a complete change to a different OS and may have other issues to discover so a slower roll out makes sense.

It will be interesting to see a month from now if people haven't update or blocked updates how much they push this one compared to a root breaker.

Zina_berry

Dec 5, 2011
I've not received the update notice again since dismissing it yesterday. I keep checking.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Philtablet

Jan 13, 2012
When I turn my Vizio off (where the screen asks to shut down) I now have two notices but when I unlock there is only one message to read. Do you mostly do the off button only shut off or the "power down" shut off?

Zina_berry

Dec 5, 2011
I got the notification today and it immediately downloads. Can't find some stuff, will have to explore. Hate the way solitaire looks now.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I got the notification today and it immediately downloads. Can't find some stuff, will have to explore. Hate the way solitaire looks now.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet

You might need to get a different version that is tablet optimized.

RustyCat

Mar 14, 2012
Thank your girlfriend. I got the update and now I can't run most of the apps that require internet - which are most of the apps...
But the ads still come in.....:mad:

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011
Do a factory reset your the only person I have seen with this problem.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk