Git Media's New Honeycomb Tablets: the Surge and the Pro; Both with 250GB HDs

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
Git-Surge-Pro.jpg

Git Media has just officially announced their two new Android Honeycomb tablets, and they look to put some serious heat on the competition. There are some innovative things that Git Media is doing to offer value and choice for consumers.

First, the manufacturer will be selling two tablets that are identical except that they each utilize a different processor. One uses the NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core chip, and the other uses the Samsung Exynos dual-core chip. Also, for reference, and so you can see how robust these tabs are, here are the remaining specs for both devices:
  • 10.1-inch displays
  • Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) OS
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 250GB internal storage
  • 5-megapixel rear-facing camera
  • 2-megapixel front-facing camera
  • USB and Mini USB ports, Micro SD
  • Wi-FI, GPS, Bluetooth, 3G (optional)
Right off the bat, you may notice that both devices come with a whopping 250GB Hard Drive, instead of the paltry 16GB and 32GB variety in most current Android tablets. Of course, it's important to note that this HD is probably not an SSD like the current crop, which could add to the weight and size of the tablet itself. Still, for those users that are data hoarders, this could be the tablet of choice.

The second thing that Git Media is doing to have a competitive edge in the crowded tablet market, is an aggressive pricing strategy, and a limited time pre-order special sale. Both the The Git Surge and Git Pro will sell for only $479.99 each. Also, Git Media will soon begin pre-selling these tablets on their website. Furthermore, if you pre-order online, you will get a complementary gift of your choice which is either a leather case and wireless Bluetooth keyboard, or a 3-year extended warranty. Both of these complimentary add-ons are valued at $100.

If they turn out to be of good quality, this seems like a pretty competitive offer on some powerful tablets. What do you guys think?

Source: DroidMatters and GitCorp

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
i am definitely impressed. If the build quality AND service quality are there this is a pretty serious play for business.

Pinkie

Sep 14, 2011
I found their site and they have listed their full spec sheet. They are quoting .45 inches thick and 22 ounces. To me that seems a little hard to believe with the HDD they have. Plus that is actually THINNER than the current Toshiba and the Acer A500. It is a Seagate drive, and though they don't say it isn't ssd there is no way at that price point.

The are taking pre-orders but payment through paypal, and no idea when they will actually be available. I sent them an email asking that very thing and am waiting to hear back. Their site has no real pictures yet, only mock-ups and the site is a bit underwhelming. I hope this thing is for real as I am waiting for the Excite, but having never heard of Git and the other red flags (IMO) I just can't bite. There is something to be said for being able to return your tab to Best Buy or whatever if something goes wrong. Here is their site with the info, and as you will see that is all there is to their site....

GIT CORP

mssidah

Dec 21, 2010
I agree with Pinkie! its hard to believe this tablet only .45 inches thick and 22 ounces??!!!! i don't know how can they pull that off?

Pinkie

Sep 14, 2011
The more I looked at their site the more nervous I got. Under company info there is a shot of some small corner building in NY ad a line that says coming soon for in for about them. $480= a lot of faith imo.

Pinkie

Sep 14, 2011
For those that might be interested I received a response from Git and they state that they hope to ship by no later than November 1st.

KingCJ11

Sep 20, 2011
I'm pretty sure this is a scam. Their about us doesn't make sense, went from selling collectible DVD's to selling top of the line Tablets. And two different competitive Processors, Yea Right. Using Paypal Only to make payments. which most scam artists use anyway. and they have preorders. This is a straight up scam. The only way it wouldn't be a scam is if their product passed i think FCC or something like that. They have to pass a federal regulation testing before its put out all companies have to except for maybe china based companies even then i'm not totally sure. Their isn't enough info on their website and the site itself is to plain like a amateur designed it with a basic logo and white background.
NOTE: Any Legit website will put up multiple photos from the top, side, etc.

Just expressing my feelings.

Pinkie

Sep 14, 2011
Agreed, I call BS on these guys. If it is for real it is amateur night at best.

wuku

Feb 24, 2011
Ok, this is kind of a shock to me and hard to believe. I have (or had) and Ican10, which is a product of Git Media. If they are releasing a honeycomb tablet I hope they pick their game up, because my past expwerence with Git Media is not a very good one. I'm hoping that this new tablet helps me gain more faith in the company.

Sent from my PG06100 using Android Tablet Forum