Give me 8042-4 firmware as one IMG file. Please

Jan 29, 2013
hello. anywhere - please help me. Give me 8042-4 firmware as one IMG file. My tablet not run in CWM (adb access is bad). No dump - not restore. Please HELP.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
No dump? No access to CWM? No hope.

Go to the place you got the tablet from and exchange your tablet for a new one.

Jan 29, 2013
i instal 7042 FW and install Recovery. i.m change other and more firmware. Not Work TouchScreem/ may be give me cfw_8042_ics_root_gapps_v01.img or any bootloader.img's ?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
That .img file you are asking for has two major issues.

1. The image is for an old version of the 8042. Coby frequently changes the hardware within the tablets and thus that firmware may not correct the problem you caused by installing firmware not designed for your tablet.

2. The image requires LiveSuite be installed on your computer to flash the file. It cannot be installed using Coby System Recovery.

Tablets were being bricked because of LiveSuite screwing up the internal memory. On top of that the firmware package itself would make the touchscreen useless because the drivers are completely different between the hardware revisions of the 8042. Thus both were removed from this site. Seriously, exchange your tablet and consider this a lesson learned. When you do get the new tablet, read the sticky posts, especially the Development Index sticky in Generation 3 Development.

Jan 29, 2013
That .img file you are asking for has two major issues.

1. The image is for an old version of the 8042. Coby frequently changes the hardware within the tablets and thus that firmware may not correct the problem you caused by installing firmware not designed for your tablet.

2. The image requires LiveSuite be installed on your computer to flash the file. It cannot be installed using Coby System Recovery.

Tablets were being bricked because of LiveSuite screwing up the internal memory. On top of that the firmware package itself would make the touchscreen useless because the drivers are completely different between the hardware revisions of the 8042. Thus both were removed from this site. Seriously, exchange your tablet and consider this a lesson learned. When you do get the new tablet, read the sticky posts, especially the Development Index sticky in Generation 3 Development.

I was given the tablet - a brick.
Plastic back side. dual camera. right-bottom speacker.
I have long tried to put through LiveSuit firmware from 7042. The tablet has started. The screen is distorted, clicking on the screen mirror. Put CWM Recovery. After CWM put bootloader.img to correctly screen size.
Firmware running on the full screen - not working touchscreen.
Can anyone give bootloader.img?

Last edited:

surgeman

Feb 22, 2013
This would be handy just to revive a bricked tablet...Just getting it to boot is the main thing...you can always replace it with a dump file once it has some life anyway...Phoenix USBPro will also work without the use of Live Suit..Just finding a decent image as a base would be a plus...

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The constant hardware changes are why Coby doesn't offer firmware images for these tablets. It's also why making a dump is mandatory after rooting the tablet but before installing ClockworkMod or Google apps.

surgeman

Feb 22, 2013
I understand that Traveller...Which makes sense not for it to be in a Novice users hands with the chance to brick the tablet...But the image file itself may be a last hope of reviving one when you have no recovery at all...That's my point...I have searched around looking for the cfw 8042 img..If I can at least flash something to it to give life you can always CWM the dump back to it....

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I understand that Traveller...Which makes sense not for it to be in a Novice users hands with the chance to brick the tablet...But the image file itself may be a last hope of reviving one when you have no recovery at all...That's my point...I have searched around looking for the cfw 8042 img..If I can at least flash something to it to give life you can always CWM the dump back to it....
Not true, the image modification aren't always repairable via cw recovery. None the less you can use just about any livesuite image to make your coby boot.

surgeman

Feb 22, 2013
That's what I'm grabbing now...Just to try to get it out of brick status....Thanks for the help..

surgeman

Feb 22, 2013
Just an update...I did finally manage to get it back up and out of dead status...Works flawlesss so far...I won't link to the image file..but the name of it is the full .img for the Coby 8042-4...Live Suit wouldn't touch it..but the Phoenix Pro USB did the trick...sun4i_crane_mid8042_GooglePlay-market_120628_v1.img that's the name of the file for anyone who may need it..But I strongly recommend only to use it as a last resort...Hope that helps a few out with hard bricked 8042's...

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Just to make it clear for everyone else who may read this, surgeman did the right thing here in not posting the link to the ROM. LiveSuite ROMs were removed from the Generation 3 forums for a reason. Do not post a link to one as the link will be removed.

surgeman

Feb 22, 2013
I can't stress enough how terrible and tragic flashing these images to these 3rd generations are...It's not for the weak and novice user to do at all...It can make them door stops very quickly without a complete flash...Same as with the FWDN for Telechips 2nd Generation tablets....Be extra I mean extra careful how these tools are used..and always read and re-read anything once or twice to make sure you have the correct info and have a better understanding of how it works...