Glad to find a group to share with

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction & Forum Website Assistance' started by Wizwill, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Wizwill

Wizwill Member

Tablet / Device:
    Lenovo 10.1 - Razr Maxx both currently ICS
    I am a long time techie, coming from from crystal sets and tube-type radios as a small boy to helos and sonar in the Navy and work as an IT consultant specializing in effective speech recognition.

My wife recently bought the 1st Android device in the household (a Kindle Fire for taking audio books from the library on her vacation trip to Alaska) and I followed quickly with a Lenovo 10.1 tablet and a decent smartphone. The past 2 weeks have been full-immersion craziness trying to feather-smooth these underpowered and mindless lumps into some sort of submission! Finally got some ebooks downloaded and the Razr to stop ringing in business meetings. I'm an information junkie and will have adsorbed enough to begin understanding the new toys pretty quickly.

I live and work in Pittsburgh, volunteer locally and look forward to some spirited exchanges as well as learning some new stuff. BTW, I like Bluegrass Junction on SiriusXM and Cajun cooking.

Wizwill

2. probbiethe1

probbiethe1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the world of Android. You will probably never go back.

3. Spider

Spider Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted/Flashed Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Stock
    Hello Wizwil, congratulations on your new tablets and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. It sounds as though you're making good progress towards getting immersed in the world of Androids. Enjoy your tablets and the forum!

4. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Xoom / HP Touchpad / Samsung Galaxy / Viewsonic gTablet
    Hello and welcome to the forum!!